My yearly check-in

On 10/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, irishziggy said:

I hope everyone is doing well.  Just checking in.  Tough few weeks of games with the OSU heartbreaker, Duke nailbiter, then Louisville loss, and thankfully a bounce back game with the thrashing of USC.  We needed that bye week!

My family is doing well.  My son is a senior now, and just committed to wrestle at Division 1 Rider University.  He'll be on a full scholarship (split between academic and athletic).  My oldest daughter is a junior now, and is looking to play field hockey & softball in college, and my two little ones just started playing travel sports, so we get to do it all over again.  I'm still teaching/coaching, coaching HS football, MS wrestling, and now college softball at a local community college.  

I'm hoping we can get some help from other head to head losses, and maybe sneak back into the playoff conversation, but I know that's a long shot.  I'll take one of the New Years 6 bowls as a consolation.  Go Irish!!

Awesome!  Congrats on your son getting to wrestle DI at Rider!  Schollies were hard to come by here in Iowa when I was HS/college in the mid '90's, Gable was still coaching and ISU was still pretty good too.  You had to be pretty good to get on those Iowa teams back then.  I went the DIII route to play football and wrestle.

What weight is your son looking at?  Good luck to him, hope to see him get to nationals during his time.

• 3 weeks later...