What are you looking for against USC?

I want to see the coaching staff keep this group motivated.  That wont be easy but it would say alot about the staff overall, especially Freeman.  ND can still go 10-2 technically and get to a major bowl which keeps them on the map and keep recruits interested.  I want to see ND become the giant slayer this week and take down a top team and rival.   The excitement in me for ND saturdays are still there and I cant wait to watch them play this week.  GO IRISH!

• Heart 1

Going to the game with 3 dads and our 3 sons. Father / son time is fleeting with the boys being ages 17 to 21, but we've been taking them to an annual game for 10 years now. I'm so fired up!   Though rain and wind will probably be in ND's favor, I'm looking for the perfect 55 degree, fall, sunny day 🙂

I'm looking to see how ND's defense stacks up against an elite offense. The defense (other than 2nd half of Louisville game) has been championship caliber all season. But, missed tackles will kill us. Arizona showed us the key to shutting down this offense - we just need to be able to wrap up Williams, which we weren't able to do last year.

Offense - I want to see this game as a confidence builder. Our D can play elite, but we'll still need the offense to put up 30+ which they should be able to do against this USC D.  Our O needs to be able to adjust our approach depending on what USC does. 

Freeman shouldn't need to do much to motivate these boys - we should be coming out angry and ready to play against our biggest rival. 

Go Irish!!!

• Flames 2

I don’t know what to expect, but I can’t say I think ND comes out of this with a win. USC is widely unpredictable, offense has nonstop big plays, defense gives up nonstop big plays. It was similar to last year and they still bottled up the ND run game and I’m sure that’s the plan again.

Offense: I want to see the offensive game plan get more creative, and include Faison more now that he’s on a football scholarship. He appears to be the only receiver that can take the top off of a defense, and we know Hartman can hit an open receiver deep down the field if given just enough time. Basically, what I’m looking for is 2015 ND vs USC, Kizer to Fuller, type plays! Then again, I also want to see the offense control TOP, and keep the ball away from Williams and the USC offense.

Defense: Do what they have been doing, but most importantly, have a spy for Williams. I was thinking Sneed, but @tneun89 pointed out that Kiser would be better. It just makes sense to do this, and the best way to keep Williams from killing ND with his feet or extending plays.

Specials Teams: To just play a clean game, i.e., getting decent punts, making all field goals, and being smart with when to fair catch or field kicks/punts.