Postgame - #13 Notre Dame vs Tennessee St. (Win 56-3)

On 9/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, 4thand1 said:

If Angeli's performance is hypothetically a true indication of his abilities, the level of potential transfer QB ND should consider, just went up.  If his talent is truly what we saw today, ND shouldn't bring in a transfer with anything less than Hartman's ability.  

ND should never bring in a QB with less than Hartman's abilities.  Its pathetic that its taken this long.  If only we had a coach at some point over the last decade that was considered a QB whisperer.  Oh wait...

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

5 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

ND should never bring in a QB with less than Hartman's abilities.  Its pathetic that its taken this long.  If only we had a coach at some point over the last decade that was considered a QB whisperer.  Oh wait...

Spot On Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Heart 1

On 9/3/2023 at 7:07 PM, NDFBL19 said:

Here’s where I’m at… The offense looks different, as much as Tommy’s offensive mind could scheme and gameplan… I think he got in his own way at times. Over thinking and trying to be precise with every single playcall. It is refreshing to feel like we have a play caller willing to just look at what he has and put his players in positions to make plays.

(I thought I had replied to this before but cannot find my post - I must not have hit Submit Reply before)

ND played five RBs the past couple of games. Did Kelly ever let a young RB play who did not know every single pass protection scheme by heart? 

A bunch of young WRs are playing as well. Some of it is to cover for recruiting misses but very rare during the Kelly/Rees years for even one freshman WR to get playing time each season.

What I like about Parker is that he acknowledges that players are not perfect and does not try to pretend that they should be. He does not seem to be afraid to play players who have not memorized the complete playbook. He also has mentioned "failing up" a few times which means allowing a player to grow by making mistakes. Unlike previously where a player might make a single mistake and then never get out of the 'doghouse' for the rest of the season. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, jbrown_9999 said:

(I thought I had replied to this before but cannot find my post - I must not have hit Submit Reply before)

ND played five RBs the past couple of games. Did Kelly ever let a young RB play who did not know every single pass protection scheme by heart? 

A bunch of young WRs are playing as well. Some of it is to cover for recruiting misses but very rare during the Kelly/Rees years for even one freshman WR to get playing time each season.

What I like about Parker is that he acknowledges that players are not perfect and does not try to pretend that they should be. He does not seem to be afraid to play players who have not memorized the complete playbook. He also has mentioned "failing up" a few times which means allowing a player to grow by making mistakes. Unlike previously where a player might make a single mistake and then never get out of the 'doghouse' for the rest of the season. 

I can tell you Love would already be in trouble for letting a Navy Linebacker hit Hartman on a blitz. Instead Love  scored at least 1 TD vs TSU

Merriweather probably would be already backing up Colzie

BK really liked to over-reaact, send a message all that ego stuff. Estime fumbled, missed a half and still got thwe ball back by the end of the game

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

4 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I can tell you Love would already be in trouble for letting a Navy Linebacker hit Hartman on a blitz. Instead Love  scored at least 1 TD vs TSU

Merriweather probably would be already backing up Colzie

BK really liked to over-reaact, send a message all that ego stuff. Estime fumbled, missed a half and still got thwe ball back by the end of the game

Clash Royale Yes GIF by Clash