Any watch fans on the board?

From the topic title, I first thought you were talking about game WATCHes. I did not expect to have it be about watches you wear.  🙂 

For the record, I am not a big watch person. I have two watches. A $150 'dress watch' from Costco and a sports watch that I use for working out and when working outside, 

Edited by jbrown_9999

I used to be a watch person. Nothing fancy, but it's one of those things I would try to treat myself to from time to time. Over the last few years, I've switched to fitness trackers/smartwatches, but I'm still hoping one comes along that blends the classic watch feel & look, but with the benefits of a smartwatch.

The watch below isn't really my style, but here's my most random one. It was part of a down payment I took in lieu of cash when selling my motorcycle years ago. I did intend to sell it, but never got around to it.

PXL_20230317_151140145_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Irish-scoop said:

I people watch all the time 

I fly/travel a good amount for work. Sitting in an airport with a view of where people walk is one of my favorite pastimes. It’s shocking how unaware and just overall ridiculous how people act 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my only watch. Sad way I acquired it. It was a gift my estranged step-father received two Christmases ago. A few days later he was struck and killed by a car. Because none of his blood relatives would claim his body, I took ownership and handled his remains. His daughter, who wanted nothing to do with him, told me to keep the watch.

Photo 2023-07-10, 8 24 18 PM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 6:55 AM, Irish_Convert said:

I've been wearing watches since I was a boy, you almost never see me without one on. No brand loyalty, a mix acquired through Amazon along with some vintage ones from eBay.

IMG_20230630_074317967~2.jpg

Those are some nice looking watches indeed!