Florida QB commit seeks out after NIL falls through

I am shocked to have read this

"But his arrival in Gainesville was contingent on a four-year, $13 million NIL deal he signed with the Gator Collective"

I thought that Pay to Play was not allowed. I cannot believe that anyone is going against the rules when recruiting. Surely the NCAA will step in to address this.   😆

Edited by jbrown_9999

2 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

When well less than 1% of individuals in US make over $1M annually don’t these high school kids/ parents realize making over $3M annually in NIL has suspected. 

Yeah but isnt it the marketplace. It is a bidding war. It isnt their issue what the average individual makes. 

Also, I hope this goes to court because it is the best chance of putting guardrails on it

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I thought that Pay to Play was not allowed. I cannot believe that anyone is going against the rules when recruiting. Surely the NCAA will step in to address this.   😆

well, "pay for play" is allowed. I mean, I get what you're getting at but technically, everything here is in line within the rules. A "3rd party" signs an agreement for an incoming player and he decides he wants to transfer out.

I'm sure that I'll be totally in the minority here, but I think this is totally awesome. Both sides get in bed with dogs and wind up with fleas. In the past, one side wouldn't have had to deal with the reputation hit of being a slave to their own greed. The more that "Free Sneaker U's" get caught jerking recruits around, better for us. The more that there's universities out there waving the kind of cash that attracts mercenaries, the better for us.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

NIL deals that do not work out should not be a reason kids can transfer.  They already have like 6 fake reasons why they can, they do not need another. 

NIL deals should not even be able to be discussed prior to a transfer committing to their new school. 

the current state of CFB is awful.   Free Agency.  No commitment.  Me Me Me for the player,  cash contracts for NIL, Coivd BS extra years, etc.  Only 3 bowl games even matter anymore.  Just 3 years ago, I would say nearly every team wanted to win the bowls they were in.   Now, no one even cares like the pro bowl. 

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, soulpatch said:

I'm sure that I'll be totally in the minority here, but I think this is totally awesome. Both sides get in bed with dogs and wind up with fleas. In the past, one side wouldn't have had to deal with the reputation hit of being a slave to their own greed. The more that "Free Sneaker U's" get caught jerking recruits around, better for us. The more that there's universities out there waving the kind of cash that attracts mercenaries, the better for us.

Hilarious!  And I agee.