2022 Week 14 Rankings

The CFP Rankings will be released every Tuesday night.  Thread will be updated accordingly.

College Football Playoff Committee Rankings

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. TCU
  4. USC
  5. Ohio State
  6. Alabama
  7. Tennessee
  8. Penn State
  9. Clemson
  10. Kansas State

21. Notre Dame

AP Top 10

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. TCU
  4. USC
  5. Ohio State
  6. Alabama
  7. Tennessee
  8. Penn State
  9. Washington
  10. Clemson

19. Notre Dame

Coaches Poll Top 10

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. TCU
  4. USC
  5. Ohio State
  6. Alabama
  7. Penn State
  8. Tennessee
  9. Washington
  10. Kansas State

19. Notre Dame

ESPN FPI Top 10

1. Georgia
  2. Alabama 
  3. Ohio State
  4. Michigan
  5. Tennessee
  6. Texas
  7. Penn State
  8. Utah
  9. Clemson
  10. TCU

17. Notre Dame

• Heart 1

FPI is literally the most useless thing out there.  I added it just to post another datapoint for conversation but I am not even going to bother with it next season.  To have Michigan blow out OSU and still be somehow ranked below OSU the next day just makes 0 sense.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

On 11/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

FPI is literally the most useless thing out there.  I added it just to post another datapoint for conversation but I am not even going to bother with it next season.  To have Michigan blow out OSU and still be somehow ranked below OSU the next day just makes 0 sense.

FPI is fine IMO. They are computer/simulation based, not people based. Just need to look at it for what it is. 

To add... FPI is closer to what reality would be if Vegas put out a rank... 

For instance, Vegas would likely have OSU as favs 50+% over Michigan. Bama would be a favorite with most teams 50+% of the time (unless vs UGA). In short, not based on one game's outcome. Based on 1000s of simulations given the available data set. 

Edited by OKelleyIrish

15 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

FPI is fine IMO. They are computer/simulation based, not people based. Just need to look at it for what it is. 

To add... FPI is closer to what reality would be if Vegas put out a rank... 

For instance, Vegas would likely have OSU as favs 50+% over Michigan. Bama would be a favorite with most teams 50+% of the time (unless vs UGA). In short, not based on one game's outcome. Based on 1000s of simulations given the available data set. 

I see.  Well in that case it is actually kind of interesting.  

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I see.  Well in that case it is actually kind of interesting.  

FPI will become even more interesting with expanded playoffs. Not saying they will impact CFP rankings at all, just that folks will likely pay more attention as the focus will shift a bit from "deserves", to "best". 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, JeffV said:

After Stanford, I'm just glad we clawed back into the rankings.  And hopefully we'll get to watch a holiday weekend bowl game - although I wonder, will anyone elect to sit out?

If any school has experience and reason for its top draft eligible players to sit out a meaningless bowl it is ND after what happen to Jaylon Smith in the Fiesta Bowl.  His career seemed to never take off after recovering from that injury.  Happy to have him on the hometown Giants though.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, JeffV said:

100% agree.  I'd rather see the younger guys get starts, anyway.

I want them to get some good reps but I still want to win though.  I expect there to be players sitting on both sidelines(figuratively not literally lol) regardless of who we play so it should be moot.  

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

For sure.  I think we have some good young players we can compete with.  Depends on who we match up with, I suppose.  Let's see Mitch Evans catch some balls.  Botelho in with some Vyper reps.  Let's start on that 2023 O-Line!  Rocco!

• Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, JeffV said:

For sure.  I think we have some good young players we can compete with.  Depends on who we match up with, I suppose.  Let's see Mitch Evans catch some balls.  Botelho in with some Vyper reps.  Let's start on that 2023 O-Line!  Rocco!

I do want to see the future get in the game for sure.

• Heart 1