The 2022 Playoff could be the most wide-open EVER

Really is a shame ND lost to Stanford and Marshall.  This playoff year is going to be WIDE-OPEN.  

Georgia will be the favorite but not necessarily worldbeaters like a lot of Saban’s Bama teams were and after that it’s really going to be wide-open.

Michigan will probably be the second best team in the field!  TCU after that and it might be a struggle to find a body to put in the 4th seed if Notre Dame beats USC tonight!

Compare that to the playoff field Notre Dame kept running into:  Prime Saban-Alabama, Prime Dabo-Clemson and lurking behind those two was Prime Urban Meyer-Ohio State.   Basically a brick wall. 

Luck of the Irish to have a down year this year.  I’m terrified Michigan might win it all.  

Edited by Green Goblin

I like Stetson Bennett and what he has done is amazing

but I also think he’s kinda limited and I definitely think Alabama would have beat them in the championship game had their best receiver not gone down with an injury. 

Bama was in control while he was still in the game but their offense basically ground to a halt when he left.  

Edited by Green Goblin

I’m actually glad it’s not the same three boring teams it has been for the past 5-7 years. Oh look, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State. Now Georgia seems to be a staple and we’ll see with Michigan. But it is nice to see finally some change and not such a strangle hold on college football. And if Michigan were to win it(puke), it would at least bring me hope and validation that ND can to. Because Harbaugh’s recruiting has not been at the level of ND’s. Which would tell me(and I knew all along being a coach) that having the top class isn’t always important. But having a 5 star stud qb is. Go TCU!  

On 11/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, Soko said:

Georgia will crush them all come play off time.

I don’t know about UGA crushing Meatchicken though. They’re playing as good as anyone and just housed an incredible offense on their own field. I don’t know that UM can win, but I doubt they’d get crushed. 

On 11/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, coltssb said:

I’m actually glad it’s not the same three boring teams it has been for the past 5-7 years. Oh look, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State. Now Georgia seems to be a staple and we’ll see with Michigan. But it is nice to see finally some change and not such a strangle hold on college football. And if Michigan were to win it(puke), it would at least bring me hope and validation that ND can to. Because Harbaugh’s recruiting has not been at the level of ND’s. Which would tell me(and I knew all along being a coach) that having the top class isn’t always important. But having a 5 star stud qb is. Go TCU!  

If USC loses against vs Utah (loses again), another boring team.

If TCU loses to KSU (close game 1st time, and now on a neutral site), another boring team. 

And if both lose (highly unlikely), we could see 2 SEC teams, vs 2 B10 teams lol...

Both games are 2.5 pts lines... 

Fun times.. 

7 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

If TCU loses to KSU (close game 1st time, and now on a neutral site), another boring team. 

And if both lose (highly unlikely), we could see 2 SEC teams, vs 2 B10 teams lol...

Fun times.. 

it is what it is. That’s why I can’t wait for the playoffs. They stress conference championships matter but in your instance, they would had put two that didn’t. I do like seeing that some parity is finally coming to the forefront. Even if it’s very small. 

15 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Fun times.. 

Imagine if LSU beats UGA in the SECCG.  The thought is vomit inducing but the drama would be incredible.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, coltssb said:

it is what it is. That’s why I can’t wait for the playoffs. They stress conference championships matter but in your instance, they would had put two that didn’t. I do like seeing that some parity is finally coming to the forefront. Even if it’s very small. 

I can't wait till the expanded playoffs. IIRC, the Rose Bowl is now on the clock...

I'm tired of the argument of "deserves" and "best"... I understand both sides. But looking forward to the "best", instead of subjective "deserves"... 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I can't wait till the expanded playoffs. IIRC, the Rose Bowl is now on the clock...

I'm tired of the argument of "deserves" and "best"... I understand both sides. But looking forward to the "best", instead of subjective "deserves"... 

that we can both agree upon.

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Imagine if LSU beats UGA in the SECCG.  The thought is vomit inducing but the drama would be incredible.

I prefer drama lol... 

I don't see LSU having a chance unless UGA's QB goes down early. LSU over-performed this year, and IMO are where they belong (10-15). Regardless, good year given the mess they started with. 

I'd love to see TCU winning the CFP. But that's not happening lol... Hate UGA and UM (and OSU and USC). But... IMO, the best 4 teams right now are UGA/UM/Bama/OSU... not deserving, but best.  

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, coltssb said:

that we can both agree upon.

This year... We'd have 3-4 SEC teams. 3 B10 teams. I'm sure some won't like that. But I do. I'd prefer to watch inter-conference play, and especially #2s and #3s (from SEC a B10) to g against other conferences #1s... And the divide will even wider with TX and OK going to the SEC, and USC and UCLA to the B10..

PAC, ACC, and B12 will need to do something.. IMO, 2 new conferences, from the 3...