Updated 2024 Top 247

ND Commits

CJ Carr (QB): 4-star, #33 overall (up 17 spots)

Jack Larsen (TE): 4-star, #48 overall (up 1 spot)

Cam Williams (WR): 4-star, #79 overall (up 99 spots)

Brandon Davis-Swain (DL): 4-star, #169 overall (down 11 spots)

Owen Wafle (DL): 4-star, #230 overall (down 12 spots)

Peter Jones (OL): 4-star, #233 overall (down 11 spots)

• Heart 2

ND Targets

Ryan Wingo (WR): 4-star, #14 overall

Elijah Rushing (Edge): 4-star, #15 overall

Peyton Woodyard (S): 4-star, #26 overall

Jerod Smith (DL): 4-star, #54 overall

Jacob Smith (Edge): 4-star, #75 overall

Brauntae Johnson (S): 4-star, #101 overall

Justin Scott (DL): 4-star, #111 overall

Josiah Brown (ATH): 4-star, #131 overall

Emmett Mosley (WR): 4-star, #162 overall

Gabriel Williams (Edge): 4-star, #205 overall

Kaleb Beasley (CB): 4-star, #208 overall

Aneyas Williams (RB): 4-star, #231 overall

Obviously there are a ton of other targets, but I tried to keep it limited to guys who ND has gained some traction with so far. It's super early and ND will make some moves on others later this year when the 2023 class is wrapped up.

• Heart 2

Stars aren't everything, but they are something....

We need a few high star, top 10 at position, type of O skill players to surround Carr with. 

I'm comfortable with OL and TE, they've never been our problem. But need some elite early starting studs at WR and RB. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Stars aren't everything, but they are something....

We need a few high star, top 10 at position, type of O skill players to surround Carr with. 

I'm comfortable with OL and TE, they've never been our problem. But need some elite early starting studs at WR and RB. 

Like Cam Williams

10 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

He's #16 WR, so doesn't really fit that top 10 group right now. Long time before things are final for 2024, so hope he gets there. 

Wingo would fit that criteria now. 

Ranked 10th wr by 247. 

Ranked in the top 90 in the Composite

That will work every Saturday and even on Sundays

• Heart 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, golson5 said:

Ranked 10th wr by 247. 

Ranked in the top 90 in the Composite

That will work every Saturday and even on Sundays

I, like most, use the 247 composite. 

Not being dismissive, but when I said we needed top 10 O skill players, I was talking composite guys. 

He's good, love the get. Hope he moves up. Long way to go. 

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I, like most, use the 247 composite. 

Not being dismissive, but when I said we needed top 10 O skill players, I was talking composite guys. 

He's good, love the get. Hope he moves up. Long way to go. 

A lot of sites haven't updated recently.  

247 has.  And they are usual the best individual site

Either way he's a top 100 player on Composite and 247.

That'll work for NCs and getting to play on Sundays

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

A lot of sites haven't updated recently.  

247 has.  And they are usual the best individual site

Either way he's a top 100 player on Composite and 247.

That'll work for NCs and getting to play on Sundays

Sorry, just not going to take a victory lap. He's two years, and many ratings updates, away from being on campus. 

Jordan Johnson was a top 10 guy... sigh. 

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Sorry, just not going to take a victory lap. He's two years, and many ratings updates, away from being on campus. 

Jordan Johnson was a top 10 guy... sigh. 

Has nothing to do with a victory lap. 

You wanted one of those top top guys and and we have one in the 24 class

17 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Again, I was talking about composite top 10 at position.

He's not that. He might end up that way, he's not now. 

I know what you are saying.

I'm saying thats irrelevant.  He's a top 100 composite player

That level of player will win You NCs and being get paid on sundays

After the top 20 or so guys.  Theres really no difference between player 30 and 80

He's a big time player that you can win big with.  That's all that matters when you get on campus

49 minutes ago, golson5 said:

I know what you are saying.

I'm saying thats irrelevant.  He's a top 100 composite player

That level of player will win You NCs and being get paid on sundays

After the top 20 or so guys.  Theres really no difference between player 30 and 80

He's a big time player that you can win big with.  That's all that matters when you get on campus

Look dude... are your the king judge of what's relevant... lol... 

Holy cow. I made a simple comment about needing more top 10 O-skill players.

You're spouting all these hot takes about National Championship and NFL predictions about a kid that's currently 16, playing football at one of smaller schools (and smaller conferences) in the Chicago Burbs, and has 2 years of growing, football, and ratings updates in front of him. No need to dial it up to 11 lol. 

And just FYI.... If you're going to predict rock star NFL status, might want to rethink your top 20 vs 30-80th ranked guys.

Here's the NFL's top 10 WRs from last season and their recruiting rank..

1. Kupp - not ranked
  2. Jefferson - 308th WR, 2164th National
  3. Adams - 281st WR, 2368th 
  4. Chase - 15th WR, 84th
  5. Samuel - 112th, 838th
  6. Hill - unknown who came out a CC/Juco, and then was listed as an APB
  7. Diggs - 2nd WR / 8th
  8. Locket - 82nd WR / 727th
  9. Johnson - not ranked
  10. Moore - 134th, 966th

Of the top 10, only 2 had top 20 WR or top 100 national status. 

8 however were not top 100 national guys.

8 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Look dude... are your the king judge of what's relevant... lol... 

Holy cow. I made a simple comment about needing more top 10 O-skill players.

You're spouting all these hot takes about National Championship and NFL predictions about a kid that's currently 16, playing football at one of smaller schools (and smaller conferences) in the Chicago Burbs, and has 2 years of growing, football, and ratings updates in front of him. No need to dial it up to 11 lol. 

And just FYI.... If you're going to predict rock star NFL status, might want to rethink your top 20 vs 30-80th ranked guys.

Here's the NFL's top 10 WRs from last season and their recruiting rank..

1. Kupp - not ranked
  2. Jefferson - 308th WR, 2164th National
  3. Adams - 281st WR, 2368th 
  4. Chase - 15th WR, 84th
  5. Samuel - 112th, 838th
  6. Hill - unknown who came out a CC/Juco, and then was listed as an APB
  7. Diggs - 2nd WR / 8th
  8. Locket - 82nd WR / 727th
  9. Johnson - not ranked
  10. Moore - 134th, 966th

Of the top 10, only 2 had top 20 WR or top 100 national status. 

8 however were not top 100 national guys.

I know.  That kinda kills your narrative of what we need

And holy cow....I made a simple comment about how we landed one of those top guys in  Cam Williams and you got offended because he is top 15 and not top 10

Holy cow is right

Edited by golson5

4 minutes ago, golson5 said:

I know.  That kinda kills your narrative of what we need

And holy cow....I made a simple comment about how we landed one of those top guys in  Cam Williams and you got offended because he is top 15 and not top 10

Holy cow is right

I believe my first sentence was "stars aren't everything, but they are something".. lol. Did you miss that?

I made a comment, with a simple qualification. You decided to argue making a point that did not meet the qualification... 

You went on to start hot taking about NCs and the NFL relative to a kid that's played 2 years of HS football. 

In short, a couple high ranked kids on an inconsistent basis rarely translate to material jumps. We need consistent recruiting of high ranked kids at O-skill positions (QB, WR, RB). Not all of them will turn into something, which is why it's important to consistently bring them in. The high ranked kids aren't sure fire NC of NFL guys, but it's better to have them at the college level than not. 

59 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I believe my first sentence was "stars aren't everything, but they are something".. lol. Did you miss that?

I made a comment, with a simple qualification. You decided to argue making a point that did not meet the qualification... 

You went on to start hot taking about NCs and the NFL relative to a kid that's played 2 years of HS football. 

In short, a couple high ranked kids on an inconsistent basis rarely translate to material jumps. We need consistent recruiting of high ranked kids at O-skill positions (QB, WR, RB). Not all of them will turn into something, which is why it's important to consistently bring them in. The high ranked kids aren't sure fire NC of NFL guys, but it's better to have them at the college level than not. 

You said we need consistent recruiting of high ranked kids at O skill positions

I pointed out we got one of those type of guys in Cam Williams. You seemed to be offended by that.  I dont know why. He's one of the guys you were saying you wanted

CJ Carr is also another one of those guys

27 minutes ago, golson5 said:

You said we need consistent recruiting of high ranked kids at O skill positions

I pointed out we got one of those type of guys in Cam Williams. You seemed to be offended by that.  I dont know why. He's one of the guys you were saying you wanted

CJ Carr is also another one of those guys

Not offended at all. Unless you call pointing out he didn't meet the criteria being offended. 

He is a guy I want. But he's not a top 10 kid right now, and still has 2 years to go. I hope he is once he signs. 

Yes, Carr is one thank the Lord. 

59 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Not offended at all. Unless you call pointing out he didn't meet the criteria being offended. 

He is a guy I want. But he's not a top 10 kid right now, and still has 2 years to go. I hope he is once he signs. 

Yes, Carr is one thank the Lord. 

So if a couple services change him from the 13th best wr to the 9th that changes the player he is? 

Or if he drops the other way does that make him lesser of a player? 

Another way to look at is watch the film.  If you watch it and think he is good enough to play on a NC type team, then who cares about ratings.  

He's a big time player.  That should fit the criteria.  Not if a service bumps him up or down a few spots.  That doesn't change anything

5 minutes ago, golson5 said:

So if a couple services change him from the 13th best wr to the 9th that changes the player he is? 

Or if he drops the other way does that make him lesser of a player? 

Another way to look at is watch the film.  If you watch it and think he is good enough to play on a NC type team, then who cares about ratings.  

He's a big time player.  That should fit the criteria.  Not if a service bumps him up or down a few spots.  That doesn't change anything

So you now want to debate the whole ratings system because a guy who has played 2 years of HS football falls a bit outside the criteria I set in a post.... lol. No thanks. Feel free to create your own criteria for your own post lol.

Composites are composites, which simply means it's a broader eval. Nothing more. It doesn't guarantee success or failure at the collegiate level. The whole point was that we're not consistently getting O skill players that rank highly like other teams have. It's that simple. 

You're both great posters and way more knowledgeable than I. I also feel like your discussion is like arguing over nothing. 

Are we happy Cam is in the class? Hell yes! Do we give a rats butt what a recruiting service thinks about him? Hell no! Does our coaching staff want him? Hell yes!

Bingo. Everyone should be pumped. I am. 

Crack a beer and enjoy the ride. Recruiting is on fire currently. 

• Heart 2