Boom! Irish 1 up on UT!

The first win is always the toughest.  It worries me that we slipped in the later innings. I do like that it seems we're swinging early. The Tennessee pichters throw really hard but if we can get our bats around in those early hard throwing strikes. Bingo. We get HR's or hard hit base hits. If we continue to make contact with there power pitchers...I think we'll be just fine to roll into Omaha.  Just IMO. 

8 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Apparently our defense is the shit, but our offense is weak.  Let’s hope defense wins championships tomorrow…

“Pitching” and defense. Let’s hope ND has the pitching too. 

Better enjoy this season while we can.

Florida State fired their coach yesterday.  Since Link was their starting shortstop on 3 World Series teams, they're coming for him.  I doubt ND will be able to match all the things that FSU offers.  He's already started the non-answer talk, saying, "We're here to win this.  I'm not talking about this coaching stuff.  I'm talking about Notre Dame and the University of Tennessee.  There are distractions."  

He gone after this season, methinks.

• Poo 1

8 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Florida State fired their coach yesterday.  Since Link was their starting shortstop on 3 World Series teams, they're coming for him.  I doubt ND will be able to match all the things that FSU offers.  He's already started the non-answer talk, saying, "We're here to win this.  I'm not talking about this coaching stuff.  I'm talking about Notre Dame and the University of Tennessee.  There are distractions."  

The amazing thing is ND keeps finding diamonds in the rough. Too bad they bolt first chance. Let’s hope he stays. 

9 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Apparently, FSU doesn’t have much of a budget for baseball, so hopefully that helps us.

7 hours ago, irishwavend said:

We gotta figure out what to do tomorrow against UT…these guys on Tennessee act like they’re in the WWE.

That’s part of the show at Tennessee. They truly are an awesome team. Maybe one of the all-time greats. But, that’s why you play the games. It just takes one more win…