UCF QB Dillon Gabriel Enters Transfer Portal

23 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

No way…we have young guys.  You only take transfers if you have an immediate need.  We don’t…. And, dude is a system qb.  Those guys usually suck in real offenses.  Tell me the last system transfer who has panned out.  How did Milton do at FSU…he didn’t…

Milton came back from one of the worst leg injuries I’ve seen. He did well in the little time that he played against ND. He was never going to be the same. 
Gabrielle has 70 td’s and 14 career int’s. Clearly the guy is a better version of Coan. Who is about to set ND’s completion percentage mark. 
So, you want Buchner to start his first true road game against Ohio State next year?  The guy still can barely throw the ball downfield. I like Pyne but I doubt he gets the chance nor is he probably going to be a game changer. At least Gabrielle has played in big games and has a ton of experience. I doubt if you’re going to find a better transfer qb then him. I could be wrong…

3 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Not all that interested myself to be honest. UCF is definitely a system QB and I think it is time our young guys are ready to play.

As for “system” qb’s. Is Tom Brady not? Was Joe Montana not?  Most qb’s are some form of a system qb. It just matters if they fit “your system” or not. 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, coltssb said:

As for “system” qb’s. Is Tom Brady not? Was Joe Montana not?  Most qb’s are some form of a system qb. It just matters if they fit “your system” or not. 

Tom Brady is a system QB, which is why Peyton Manning is truly the GOAT. Tom Brady was a product of a great team, even now in Tampa. Peyton Manning WAS the team; the one year the Colts had a good defense, they won the Super Bowl. They almost won it again with a terrible defense, but got unlucky against the Saints.

Edited by NDhoosier

8 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Tom Brady is a system QB, which is why Peyton Manning is truly the GOAT. Tom Brady was a product of a great team, even now in Tampa. Peyton Manning WAS the team; the one year the Colts had a good offense, they won the Super Bowl. They almost won it again with a terrible defense, but got unlucky against the Saints.

And he’s probably one out of how many?  But yes, Manning was everything to the Colts!

10 hours ago, ColinKSU said:

From what I’ve been told about Gibbons, he has been a problem in the locker room and on the sidelines. He openly campaigned for someone else, and caused a stink when UCF hired Gus. And I guess he wasn’t much of a leader after getting injured.

Well wouldn’t you with Gus?  I mean, he’s terrible coach that only wants to run that stupid RPO offense. If I’m a QB that has already flourished and now has to zone read every play, I’d probably be pissed too. Locker room stuff and sideline behavior I don’t know. 
I only brought the name up because Buchner is still a little to green for my taste and Gibbons is probably the best qb transfer that’s going to be out there. Worth a couple of questions at least. 

16 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Let's play this game...

If the Irish can pull off bringing in one of Brown or Howard.  Do you start them as freshmen or do you look for someone like Gabriel if Buchner isn't ready?  Does Pyne just get the nod if Buchner isn't ready to go?

If they have to start Brown or Howard, then the coaches did something wrong. Both Buchner and Pyne are capable of winning for us.