Investing / Trading / Money Talk

I work in finance, but I’m in Fixed Income so I don’t follow specific stocks too closely. However, I’m familiar with this story and I will say, these Redditors are playing a dangerous game. You’re pissing off the people who basically control our govt agencies and politicians. What they’re doing might technically not be illegal, but that doesn’t mean these Hedge Fund guys can’t find other ways to make your life hell. Imagine being audited every 3 months or having your laptop taken by the SEC for an indefinite period of time for “investigation.”

I work in finance, but I’m in Fixed Income so I don’t follow specific stocks too closely. However, I’m familiar with this story and I will say, these Redditors are playing a dangerous game. You’re pissing off the people who basically control our govt agencies and politicians. What they’re doing might technically not be illegal, but that doesn’t mean these Hedge Fund guys can’t find other ways to make your life hell. Imagine being audited every 3 months or having your laptop taken by the SEC for an indefinite period of time for “investigation.”

It’s never been about right vs left

It’s always been elites vs everyone else

Except, unlike your profile with brokerage firms, reddit is anonymous. The mods made the WSB sub private yesterday, so the only recourse the elite have is to target the servers, which they have already done....conveniently in the name of "permitting hate speech" since arguments about legality are baseless.

Edited by echo88

Honestly, from my experience the best investments are solid etfs. Spy, Vanguard, ect. They are always consistent and you will make money on the dips and the highs. Some even have dividends, so you can auto reinvest for more free money being invested. This is not financial advice, just my experience seeing the market play out.

Honestly, from my experience the best investments are solid etfs. Spy, Vanguard, ect. They are always consistent and you will make money on the dips and the highs. Some even have dividends, so you can auto reinvest for more free money being invested. This is not financial advice, just my experience seeing the market play out.

Investing is supposed to be boring unless you have a lot of $ to throw around. Regular Joes shouldn’t invest to get rich, they should do it to supplement their current income.

Investing is supposed to be boring unless you have a lot of $ to throw around. Regular Joes shouldn’t invest to get rich, they should do it to supplement their current income.

I tend to believe you invest for the long term to help build up a nest egg for the future. Take advantage of compounding and let those reinvested dividends ride.

Question for Elder, what do you consider 'a lot of dollars to throw around"?