2021 College Football Playoff National Championship Game: #1 Alabama vs #3 Ohio State

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow Florida and Ole Miss kept it close. But offensively they are unstoppable.

I think Ole Miss was early enough in a weird year that it was an aberration, even so Bama won by 15.

It was 35–17 at half vs Florida as well and they did just enough to hang around in the second half.

In either case, ND needs a better offense, but I think this shows just how good their defense was this year.

This would be admitting Kelly had a good game plan. We aren’t allowed to think that.

It’s fine giving kudos to a coach when he does do things right. As it’s fine to criticize a coach when there is fault. Somewhere in the past 5-6 years we’ve lost that in between. Now you have to be on one side of the fence or the other.

This ‘Bama performance makes ND look more respectable. Even if ‘Bama took their foot off the pedal in the second half against the Irish, they were full throttle in the first half. ND didn’t allow 28 points in that half, and ultimately only allowed 31.

OSU is loaded with 5 star talent. ND is not.

I’m digging this first half on so many levels.

Just hope OSU does not win.

I’m trying to figure out why everyone, including you, think Alabama took their foot off the gas in the second half. First off, when does Nick Savanna ever do that? Second, Alabama threw the ball more than they ran it in the second half. Just leave it at, “This ‘Bama performance makes ND look more respectable.”

I’m trying to figure out why everyone, including you, think Alabama took their foot off the gas in the second half. First off, when does Nick Savanna ever do that? Second, Alabama threw the ball more than they ran it in the second half. Just leave it at, “This ‘Bama performance makes ND look more respectable.”

I’m not positive they did. To my eye it appeared that way. No argument on my end. But there’s no doubt that Saban isn’t known for doing that.

So, either way, ND surely looks better.

Maybe the people who do the final rankings should ask the ‘Bama players which team they thought was harder to play, OSU or ND? I wonder what the answer would be and how that might affect the final rankings.

I’m not positive they did. To my eye it appeared that way. No argument on my end. But there’s no doubt that Saban isn’t known for doing that.

Maybe the people who do the final rankings should ask the ‘Bama players which team they thought was harder to play, OSU or ND? I wonder what the answer would be and how that might affect the final rankings.

I agree, but lets be honest, their defensive players would say OSU but their Offensive players would say ND. Simple really.

I'm guessing that Ohio St with one loss and a win over Clemson will end up #2.

Not sure if they have AP voters send their choices in before the NC like they did two years ago but ND may not get credit for a better loss than Ohio St to Alabama.

I agree, but lets be honest, their defensive players would say OSU but their Offensive players would say ND. Simple really.

True.

I wonder how those who do the rankings interpret the results over the last two weeks.

Oklahoma beat up a Florida team that had I think 9 starters out of the game.

Texas A&M beat North Carolina by the same margin as ND but lost to Alabama by more than ND.

‘Bama blows out ND and OSU, yet ND held ‘Bama to its lowest point total in two years.

OSU beats up on Clemson, which had beaten up ND the week before.

I’m guessing ND ends up 5 or 6, but could see them staying at 4.

It’s fine giving kudos to a coach when he does do things right. As it’s fine to criticize a coach when there is fault. Somewhere in the past 5-6 years we’ve lost that in between. Now you have to be on one side of the fence or the other.

Yes I agree no one is perfect, we all screw up sometimes, even coaches. It’s sad how can you learn without hearing opposing opinions. With our new delete and block society it seems everyone just wants to talk to themselves.