Wake Forest vs. North Carolina

Watching this game on the ACC Network because there are really no other good games in this window and ND plays both teams in the coming weeks. It's 28-24 with 10 min left in the first half! Sam Howell for UNC has already thrown for 279 yards and 3TD. Sam Hartman for Wake has 181 yards and 2 TDs. The teams have combined for over 600 yards of offense - again, with 10 minutes remaining in the half. I don't think I have seen such bad defenses in a long, long time. Interesting to watch, though.

Not sure we need them to win. All that matters is getting to the acc championship game. If UNC and Miami loose today ND would have to really blow it in their last four games to miss out.

Although yes having UNC win does improve the eye test foe the pundits.

Consider it insurance in case we lose to Clemson in the rematch.

Our best wins will be Clemson, UNC, and Boston College...

Not sure we need them to win. All that matters is getting to the acc championship game. If UNC and Miami loose today ND would have to really blow it in their last four games to miss out.

Although yes having UNC win does improve the eye test foe the pundits.

Wake Forest could end up being ranked when ND plays them. Louisville and Duke "should be" wins for them. Just a home game at Miami presenta a problem.

They are #32 & #33 in the rankings this week (based on others receiving votes)

I think this is really the first year in the CFP era where ND fans don't have to worry about style points. ND got the win against #1 and that will carry them a long way, as long as Clemson takes care of business. I don't think our SOS really matters this year.

On Gameday, Herbstreit said that as long as ND doesn't lose the rematch to Clemson 52-0, they are likely in, unless UF upsets Bama in the SEC Championship. I think ND can lose the ACC Championship to Clemson and still make it - as long as the loss isn't a blowout/ND doesn't look completely overmatched.