ACC title game watch: UNC lost; Miami with only 1 loss (to Clemson)

Green Goblin

Here are the tiebreaker rules

Two-Team Tie

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

2. Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken from first to last using the league’s tiebreaker policies.

3. Overall win percentage versus all common conference opponents.

4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.

5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.

6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Three-Team (or More) Tie

Three-team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tiebreaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three-team (or more) tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format will then be applied).

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.

2. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the conference with the best overall conference win percentage and proceeding through the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken first to last, using the league’s tiebreaker policies.

3. Combined win percentage versus all common conference opponents.

4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.

5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.

6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Note: Conference games against otherwise postseason ineligible teams will always be counted in the league standings and in application of the tie breaker policies.

The way I read it is that it will come down to #5 if Miami and ND both lose to Clemson as their only loss.

I’ve looked around and can’t find the actual ACC rankings from that tool.

The way I read it is that it will come down to #5 if Miami and ND both lose to Clemson as their only loss.

I’ve looked around and can’t find the actual ACC rankings from that tool.

If the Irish don't miraculously win the game hopefully they at least keep it close and respectable.

If the Irish don't miraculously win the game hopefully they at least keep it close and respectable.

There should be no miracle about it. Forget about what Vegas says, ND should be favored.

1) Clemson is on the road without their starting QB.

2) Kelly has a third year starter in Book who "just wins".

3) Clemson just barely beat BC whose QB must not be as talented as Book since he sat on the bench behind Book at ND.

4) ND has a coach with 30+ years of coaching experience who knows how to prepare his team to excel in big games.

Given all of the above, Kelly should easily beat Dabo by more than a touchdown.

Otherwise, if Kelly cannot be expected to win at home against Clemson without their starting QB, how will he ever be expected to win a NC?

There should be no miracle about it. Forget about what Vegas says, ND should be favored.

1) Clemson is on the road without their starting QB.

2) Kelly has a third year starter in Book who "just wins".

3) Clemson just barely beat BC whose QB must not be as talented as Book since he sat on the bench behind Book at ND.

4) ND has a coach with 30+ years of coaching experience who knows how to prepare his team to excel in big games.

Given all of the above, Kelly should easily beat Dabo by more than a touchdown.

Otherwise, if Kelly cannot be expected to win at home against Clemson without their starting QB, how will he ever be expected to win a NC?

1. No crowd so thats meaningless

2. Clemson still has more talent, the better QB and Clemson has one of the 3 best coaching staffs in football

3. We'll get the most focused team of the year. Not the team that played BC

If I was Vegas Id have Clemson as a 6 point favorite. 4 if there was a crowd

I hope to hell y'all bought the extended warranty on your sarcasm detectors because... they aren't working.

Good point. Now, about that Jurkovic comment. He made some very poor decisions in the Clemson game. I mean, incredibly stupid. Rather than getting the first on the last drive, he's heaving it downfield and not even getting it close to his receiver. Just stupid....

I wasn't able to watch the whole game but my impression of Phil is...

He has a better arm and a little less mobility. I think if he were given the same reps as Book, with the talent ND has, unfortunately for us I think we'd have paid a little price early but it would be paying off more now.

I'm no scout, I just think Phil has more upside whereas I think we have seen Book's ceiling.

Hard to say they’re “on the road” when the crowd isn’t a factor. It’s a glorified peewee football game.

I saw something which suggested that NFL home teams with a reduced crowd are considered to have a 1.5 point advantage.

So while there may not be 80K of fans in the seats, there is still an advantage to playing the game in South Bend rather that at Clemson.