Disney Cruise Advice

echo88

Only complaint I have heard is that food (obviously) is kid friendly and a little sub par to what other cruisers were used to on Celebrity, Carnival and RC...

Would say the evening dinners have a stronger offerings than what is the lunch buffet on the Dream at the top deck every day.

Never thought Carnival was strong overall but the ship I went on did have a pretty strong steakhouse we ate at multiple times.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would say the evening dinners have a stronger offerings than what is the lunch buffet on the Dream at the top deck every day.

Never thought Carnival was strong overall but the ship I went on did have a pretty strong steakhouse we ate at multiple times.

Lunch offerings are definitely a little kid friendly, but dinners had a bit of everything.

Mousesavers.com is a great planning tool also. Lots of tips and tricks for the cruise line in there.

Been on three and wont ever do a different cruise line. Disney is the best.

Just did Western Carib. 7 day first week in Sept. and loved it. The other 2 were 4 day Bahama cruises.

We have a family of 3 girls at 11,12, and 14. Yours are the right age for Oceaneers club. Mine have outgrown the younger clubs and enjoy the meeting pre teens and teenagers from around the globe in the other two clubs.

I agree with the other poster in that most of the ports we get off to see what the shopping is like and then get back on board to enjoy the ship. The only exception was Grand Kayman and 7 mile beach where we swam the entire day.

Castway Kay we get off the boat till lunch and enloy the island bbq and then get back on.

Nassau: Don't bother getting off.

Falmouth : shopping only.....no beach near.

Cozumel : Decent shopping with some local beaches near

Another poster said Lobster Ravioli as a no go. I disagree and so do my daughters. They actually loved it.

My wife and I 's favorite past time is deck4 gang way chairs and just relax and watch the ocean go by.

Bottom line its as fun as you make it. Be a kid and dress up on pirate night. Enjoy the only cruise ship with fireworks at sea.

If you need any more info or questions PM me and I can give you my email.

edit for added info on the ships.

Fantasy and Dream are virtually the same ship (largest ones) Been on both.

Just different ship decoration tastes. Art-deco vs art-neuvo. Fantasy is all7 day western/eastern. Dream is Bahama 3 day/4day.

They have balcony rooms (Veranda) that sleep 5 very comfortably. Queen bed, futon couch, ceiling bunk (disappears into ceiling) and anothe rfold down bed.

Edited by ThunderAce

Thanks a ton for the info! It's just that I saw that there are different ships and so I wasnt sure how to rank them. Departure port isn't really an issue---we are good to leave out of pretty anywhere on the eastern seaboard. Would probably be doing a 3-5 overnight type trip. I personally don't care for cruises but I think this would be a better option than Disney World right now since my youngest probably wouldnt remember it.

DW trip is probably 2-3 years away. Of course by then the older ones won't care. Lol....

I don't like cruises either, but have been twice on Disney: once in the Carribean and once in Alaska.

I agree with what has been offered here. You should book meals at restaurants that you really want to go to as they fill up. There are great services for the kids to give you a breather if you want to exercise, etc. The food and entertainment are top notch.

If you can, I would suggest you go in early to mid-May before all the kids are out of school. Yours are young enough where they can probably miss some time without it being a big deal. It will be less crowded and cheaper at that time.

I agree if he has already been to Atlantis but if not, people should do Atlantis at least once. Kinda pricey but worth the one time. Maybe do resort for a day. The Bob Marley Resort looks pretty cool or RIU https://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm

Co-sign here. Kids will love Atlantis and the Waterpark.

I have been there three or four times so we didn't get off the boat this summer in Nassau.

You can pre-buy all your excursions and experiences.