Our Ladies

Great to see a good win over Oregon but I fear this is the end. PeeUConn has had our (and everyone else’s) number for a lot of years.

If they did manage a miracle, they are looking at facing down Louisville or better, which has been a bad matchup all year. Pulling for those girls though, they have really put together a great run. Can’t wait for UConn to GTFA, they have become th evil empire ala Alabama football.

It was a great run for the girls no doubt. I kind of wish that they could get UCONN in the final, but we might be better off playing them fresh with several days off.

If they can upset UCONN, then maybe momentum would carry us past Louisville.

Regardless, being where they are at with really only 7 scholarship players is unreal.

Pretty spectacular that all four #1 seeds actually made it to the final four.

ND women play at 8:30 (central) tomorrow.

Some people on this board have criticized Muffet before, but how she managed to get this year's group to this position is pretty amazing.

I can't criticize her, if it weren't for that bag of "you know whats" in Connecticut she would have at least one more title under her belt.

Wow. Wow. And wow!!!

On to the championship game!!

That was as good a game as I can recall seeing. Finish was stressful but so much more rewarding. Sing them fight back aftera terrible second quarter and just keep punching. They played like champions and Louisville is out too. Happy day.

I have watched many uconn and Nd women's games and often felt like Muffet got out coached. Not tonight! She made some great adjustments down the stretch and girls executed. I thought Geno made a huge error by not putting Azura Stevens in early enough in the first quarter. Then he did not start her in the third quarter and didn't get her in until their lead was completely gone. Huge mistake in my opinion because she was killing ND on both ends of the floor.

What a game! The fact that we only played 6 girls, and Nelson is really just a filler, and we beat that team stacked with AA is unreal. Stevens was their 6th man...and they were saying Geno couldn't afford to put her in as then he had to take out one of his other all stars...

Great back and forth. We were an inch away from going to OT again. I think it was a fluke that the ball got tipped to the wing, but the girl was right there and just missed a 10 footer to tie. That would have been devastating, and I am not sure we would have had enough left in the tank for a second OT.

We don't get much of the women's basketball on up here but they had the game on last night. I didn't think we had much of a chance with our injuries and Uconn being Uconn but we deserved that win.

How big of an upset was that though? I'm not sure how much they were favoured by or if it stacks up to the MSU upset of Uconn last year?

We don't get much of the women's basketball on up here but they had the game on last night. I didn't think we had much of a chance with our injuries and Uconn being Uconn but we deserved that win.

How big of an upset was that though? I'm not sure how much they were favoured by or if it stacks up to the MSU upset of Uconn last year?

Uconn was favored by 15.5....so ya, that was a pretty big upset!

Uconn was favored by 15.5....so ya, that was a pretty big upset!

WOW! That's massive. Are we going to be underdogs vs MSU as well?

Notre Dame can't lose on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, they will be National Champs!

Congrats to our ladies!

Our football team needs to learn from our ladies.

This was the equivalent to us beating Alabama in 2012.

Maybe football is too much to ask and we should be a women's basketball school now?

Shut up! No it wasn't. They have more than their fair share of wins against Uconn. Geno wanted no part of this team. He said so 2 days before the game and he meant it. You don't know what you are talking about. The women can recruit on par with UCONN. That is not the case with football for many reasons beyond Nd's control. You have probably never watched a women's game before. Again, go away!

What a game! The fact that we only played 6 girls, and Nelson is really just a filler, and we beat that team stacked with AA is unreal. Stevens was their 6th man...and they were saying Geno couldn't afford to put her in as then he had to take out one of his other all stars...

Great back and forth. We were an inch away from going to OT again. I think it was a fluke that the ball got tipped to the wing, but the girl was right there and just missed a 10 footer to tie. That would have been devastating, and I am not sure we would have had enough left in the tank for a second OT.

He couldn't afford not to put Steves in. She was the X factor to beating ND. ND could not stop her. For him to stick to his normal rotation was his down fall. He did not make the adjustment needed to win. To me that equals out-coached. If he had started her in the third quarter and Uconn had kept their lead or added to it, ND would not have been able to come back in the fourth in my opinion.

Uconn is great no doubt, but I would also argue that they are a little overrated. What I mean is they have a ton of AA's. They should because I think their stats are inflated. Look at their conference! :shock: ND would have a ton of AA's too playing against those teams. I think that is one reason why they have lost in the final four 2 years in a row. Game in and game out they just don't play the level of competition these other schools do. Once these other schools can get over the name on the front of the jersey they have a fighting chance.

Maybe after some reflection, I wonder if Geno is going to lobby his university to get into a harder conference. This has been brought up recently with the men as well. They are not recruiting as well as they were in the past.

Shut up! No it wasn't. They have more than their fair share of wins against Uconn. Geno wanted no part of this team. He said so 2 days before the game and he meant it. You don't know what you are talking about. The women can recruit on par with UCONN. That is not the case with football for many reasons beyond Nd's control. You have probably never watched a women's game before. Again, go away!

He’s such a trash bag, looking for any excuse to be a dikhead.