bball future bright

Disappointing tourney news for this years team, but the future is bright!

I know players develop, and high school ranks certainly don't mean everything. It still doesn't hurt to get as many top 100 players as you can.

According to 247 this year's team has 2 players that were top 100 players coming in from high school. Gibbs and Harvey

Next year's team gets a little bump. It will have 7. Granted it will be inexperienced. That is why I think the 2019 - 20 and 20 - 21 teams could be special if everyone stays and players develop well. They could have over 7 top 100 players on those teams depending on what freshmen they get in the upcoming recruiting classes.

This is the most top 100 players Brey has had on a single team by far since the 2006 team that underachieved. That team totally underachieved in the tournament getting beat by Winthrop.

Disappointing tourney news for this years team, but the future is bright!

I know players develop, and high school ranks certainly don't mean everything. It still doesn't hurt to get as many top 100 players as you can.

According to 247 this year's team has 2 players that were top 100 players coming in from high school. Gibbs and Harvey

Next year's team gets a little bump. It will have 7. Granted it will be inexperienced. That is why I think the 2019 - 20 and 20 - 21 teams could be special if everyone stays and players develop well. They could have over 7 top 100 players on those teams depending on what freshmen they get in the upcoming recruiting classes.

This is the most top 100 players Brey has had on a single team by far since the 2006 team that underachieved. That team totally underachieved in the tournament getting beat by Winthrop.

Unless, Gibbs decides to be a decent guard, they will have to rely on a freshman next year. Next, couple of years will be all on the freshman. Next, year could be a bad bad year imo. Whose, gonna score lol? They, just lost 80 percent of their points.

I think next year will be rough. Losing Colson and Farrell will be painful. Plus, Harvey might have to sit out next season due to his injury, according to some reports.

I have high hopes for Juwan Durham in the post. I think Gibbs improved this year, despite his lackluster play at the end of the season. But after that, I don't know who Brey can count on.

Mooney is a great shooter, but he needs to improve in a big way to be a consistent starter. Pflueger is what he is at this point - an above average defender and an inconsistent offensive threat. Elijah Burns hasn't shown anything to get excited about. Djogo might be the worst player in the ACC.

We have some great freshman coming in, no doubt. But how many of them will be ready to contribute right away? I believe Harvey was rated higher than any of them, and he was largely inconsistent this season before his injury. Even Brey's best recruit, Demetrius Jackson, wasn't more than a role player as a freshman.

I think next year will be rough. Losing Colson and Farrell will be painful. Plus, Harvey might have to sit out next season due to his injury, according to some reports.

I have high hopes for Juwan Durham in the post. I think Gibbs improved this year, despite his lackluster play at the end of the season. But after that, I don't know who Brey can count on.

Mooney is a great shooter, but he needs to improve in a big way to be a consistent starter. Pflueger is what he is at this point - an above average defender and an inconsistent offensive threat. Elijah Burns hasn't shown anything to get excited about. Djogo might be the worst player in the ACC.

We have some great freshman coming in, no doubt. But how many of them will be ready to contribute right away? I believe Harvey was rated higher than any of them, and he was largely inconsistent this season before his injury. Even Brey's best recruit, Demetrius Jackson, wasn't more than a role player as a freshman.

Agree with this, I think next season is a transition year. I'm not expecting any of these freshmen to set the word on fire and I don't think our returning roster can match up to the top 8 or so of the ACC.

Next year will be a year to get the freshman accustomed to university life/basketball. I think we'll be an NIT team next year but after that I see many NCAA tourney runs.

Next years team barring injuries will get better as the season goes on because of how new/Young it will be. Doing the outta country tour will help though.

It will be somewhat of a rebuilding year, but it can definitely still be a damn good team. Senior leadership in Pflueger. Gibbs will be a big threat at PG and Mooney will only continue to improve. After that is where you have the question marks. Can Durham be a force down low? Can Djogo improve dramatically? His skill level is clearly there, but the game looked way to fast for him this season. He needs lots of refinement. Can Harvey return from injury? If he does, he will very good. Can the freshman step up? It’s a very good class, and ND will need to rely on at least 2 to play a good amount.

I wouldn’t count out this team quite yet. I also wouldn’t count out a grad transfer that can come in right away and give solid production. A much different transfer than ND is typically used to, but it could be much needed.

Next years team barring injuries will get better as the season goes on because of how new/Young it will be. Doing the outta country tour will help though.

It will be somewhat of a rebuilding year, but it can definitely still be a damn good team. Senior leadership in Pflueger. Gibbs will be a big threat at PG and Mooney will only continue to improve. After that is where you have the question marks. Can Durham be a force down low? Can Djogo improve dramatically? His skill level is clearly there, but the game looked way to fast for him this season. He needs lots of refinement. Can Harvey return from injury? If he does, he will very good. Can the freshman step up? It’s a very good class, and ND will need to rely on at least 2 to play a good amount.

I wouldn’t count out this team quite yet. I also wouldn’t count out a grad transfer that can come in right away and give solid production. A much different transfer than ND is typically used to, but it could be much needed.

If, Brey can find a 5th year guard transfer I’d feel different for next year.

• 2 weeks later...