Colson Returning / ND Bubble Team?

97domer

Colson returns on Thursday night against a terrible Pitt team. It should be a good warm-up game for him.

The committee takes into account players coming back to a team or leaving due to injuries. I assume we beat Pitt Thursday and lose to Virginia on Saturday. If we win 2 games in the ACC tournament and Colson shows to make a big difference during the remainder of the season, I feel we make it to the dance.

What does everyone else think?

Definitely glad to see him back....

As for the tourney....IMO...to get in....

1. Beat pitt, uva, and win 2 games in the tourney

2. Beat pitt, lose to uva, and win 3 games in the tourney, the third probably being duke...

Anything other than that, and they are probably NIT bound.

I’ve been reading that Notre Dame is part of the first four out after their close lost to Virginia. I feel like three wins in the ACC tournament guarantees them in and two wins gives them a coin flip of making the dance.

I’ve been reading that Notre Dame is part of the first four out after their close lost to Virginia. I feel like three wins in the ACC tournament guarantees them in and two wins gives them a coin flip of making the dance.

A big part of that will come down to conference tourneys....Gotta hope the favorites win their conferences, and a lot of the other bubble teams don't make big runs.

Playing pitt is a lose, lose situation...All it does is lower their RPI. Hopefully Colson doesn't have to play that much. Brey needs to play Burns more.

A big part of that will come down to conference tourneys....Gotta hope the favorites win their conferences, and a lot of the other bubble teams don't make big runs.

Playing pitt is a lose, lose situation...All it does is lower their RPI. Hopefully Colson doesn't have to play that much. Brey needs to play Burns more.

What, a **** show against Pitt. Again, Brey only uses 7. Also, Burns and Torres waste on the bench.

What, a **** show against Pitt. Again, Brey only uses 7. Also, Burns and Torres waste on the bench.

First half they gave up too many offensive rebounds and pitt had a lot of buckets on busted plays. Second half, ND just could not shoot the ball....Definitely not the showing you would want but at this point it's win and move on.

I totally agree with you on the use of the bench. Don't understand Brey's use of Burns this year at all. Burns should have seen 10-15 minutes yesterday and Torres should have come in for his emotional change of pace for 5-8 minutes...

Either way, tonight's game is obviously HUGE! They better not run the 2-3 zone, or they won't have a chance as va tech will light them up.