NCAA Investigation

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a862b94e4b00bc49f426f7e

If this ends up being true who knows what this could do to the sport. College sports was going to get exposed at some point, sooner or later the big schools will need to branch off from the NCAA and start its own minor pro association.

I am interested because I am about 99% sure we aren't involved in this. So depending on when this info gets out it seems like a good majority of teams won't be in the tourney this year. If it comes out earlier then the tourney we should be a lock.

The sanctions should be pretty severe for a good number of years as well, I think it'll level the playing field and give us a shot at a title.

While I agree with your position, there is no way the NCAA is going to operate that fast. Given there history of protecting favored programs, they will not do anything to top programs, especially when it comes to the $$$ making machine that is March Madness. No way. Not gonna happen.

Schools that had players/families listed as meeting with Dawkins

Alabama, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Texas, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Schools with former players implicated

Clemson, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State, Xavier

Soon the NFL and NBA are going to just start their own developmental leagues for high school kids.

When you look at what they bring to the school they should be getting minimum wage at least.

That's what the XFL should be used as and the G league eventually. I still think the best thing is for the big schools to break off from the NCAA and give these kids some compensation.

Soon the NFL and NBA are going to just start their own developmental leagues for high school kids.

When you look at what they bring to the school they should be getting minimum wage at least.

That's what the XFL should be used as and the G league eventually. I still think the best thing is for the big schools to break off from the NCAA and give these kids some compensation.

The one and done in college ball has got to go. Even Duke, a bastion of academia, is abusing it. What courses do you really think Duke is making them take when they know they will be gone after the semester? It's laughable.

Let HS kids go staight to the NBA if they want.

The one and done in college ball has got to go. Even Duke, a bastion of academia, is abusing it. What courses do you really think Duke is making them take when they know they will be gone after the semester? It's laughable.

Let HS kids go staight to the NBA if they want.

Yeah the guys who have gone pro out of high school have usually turned out pretty good, Kobe, Lebron, Mcgrady, etc..

I think the model we use up here for hockey with the WHL,OHL,and QMJHL might work. If they don't go pro when they're 19-20 they can go to college and play there, develop more or just play out their career.

They need the baseball rule. Three years or nothing. The statistics do not favor kids coming right out of highschool. For every LeBron there’s a Jeremy Tyler. And the one and done benefits no one. At least with the baseball rule, they are earning their degree.

Demetrius Jackson's name has surfaced in the FBI reports. At this point ND is denying everything.

Sounds like Demetrius was much to do about nothing. Demetrius didn't even know the guy, the guy had falsified his expense reports, and worst-case, his family just had dinner with him. Just like Bridges from MSU, they just need to donate $40 to a charity to clear their name from a violation.