ND Mens Bball is 5th!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY bad loss for this team...Just don't have that consistent outside shooter right now.

Gibbs, Mooney, Pfleuger, Colson and Farrell can all shoot. The problem is we are way too small and get out rebounded way too often. The amount of offensive rebounds teams are getting on us is alarming.

Farrell was way too passive and when he turned it on it was too late. They had an Indiana kid who was probably slighted he didn't get an ND offer and he was on fire. I think his name was Taylor persons, but he was hitring every shot he took it was like he couldn't miss.

Gotta hope this loss propels the team similar to the Monmouth loss a few years back. Obviously that Monmouth team turned out to be pretty freakin good, but this Ball State team looks like they might have a chance to win the MAC.

At the moment, definitely not a good loss and ND simply didn’t play well. Too little too late with Farrell heating up at the end. Team looked uninterested on the offensive glass and shouldn’t be out-rebounded by Ball State

Gibbs, Mooney, Pfleuger, Colson and Farrell can all shoot. The problem is we are way too small and get out rebounded way too often. The amount of offensive rebounds teams are getting on us is alarming.

Farrell was way too passive and when he turned it on it was too late. They had an Indiana kid who was probably slighted he didn't get an ND offer and he was on fire. I think his name was Taylor persons, but he was hitring every shot he took it was like he couldn't miss.

Yeah, I'd go with being too small in general and not aggressive enough on the boards in the paint. Bonzie has the size of a small forward but still, Ball State?

I noticed the ND BB roster doesn't even list anyone as a center and that's basically been the case for most of my recent memory. An honest to gawd big man at center who has length, is aggressive on the boards in the paint would certainly help.

Yeah, I'd go with being too small in general and not aggressive enough on the boards in the paint. Bonzie has the size of a small forward but still, Ball State?

I noticed the ND BB roster doesn't even list anyone as a center and that's basically been the case for most of my recent memory. An honest to gawd big man at center who has length, is aggressive on the boards in the paint would certainly help.

It would certainly be nice if Durham was eligible.

It would certainly be nice if Durham was eligible.

It certainly wouldn't hurt. I've been rough on Brey in the past but it has to be even harder to recruit good players for the BB team than the FB team. A lot fewer roster spots available and most kids probably don't view ND as a basketball power team that will propel them to the next level. ND FB manages to send O linemen and tight ends to the next level regularly but you see fewer real NBA prospects when it comes to BB.

It certainly wouldn't hurt. I've been rough on Brey in the past but it has to be even harder to recruit good players for the BB team than the FB team. A lot fewer roster spots available and most kids probably don't view ND as a basketball power team that will propel them to the next level. ND FB manages to send O linemen and tight ends to the next level regularly but you see fewer real NBA prospects when it comes to BB.

Brey deserves all the credit in the world for turning ND into a consistent top 20 program. Recruiting is on the uptick, but it will never be what other schools get. They are essentially a mid-major on steroids relying on veterans/4 year guys.

totally agree, ND just lacks size and power down low. they get knocked around to often by teams who have size down low.

Doesn’t, help when Brey only plays Geben and Mooney yesterday. No, idea any Torres or Burns don’t play more.

He didn't play Harvey much either, maybe we need to see Djogo more too since he has some length which we are sorely lacking.

Rebounding is now a serious issue with this team, it's just atrocious. I'm not hitting the panic button but this team isn't a lock to make the tourney imo.

Doesn’t, help when Brey only plays Geben and Mooney yesterday. No, idea any Torres or Burns don’t play more.

Yep, he's resorting back to what is comfortable for him. Torres and Burns are guys that will fight for rebounds and could have helped yesterday. Same goes for Harvey with his length at the position.

One of the few times I really questioned Brey in a long time. I think this team has depth that needs to be utilized.

Yep, he's resorting back to what is comfortable for him. Torres and Burns are guys that will fight for rebounds and could have helped yesterday. Same goes for Harvey with his length at the position.

One of the few times I really questioned Brey in a long time. I think this team has depth that needs to be utilized.

I’m, not worrying yet considering they havent had much of a break. Though, after Saturday we get a week break, then it’s Indiana in Indy. Helps, also that exams will be over shortly.