Please keep it civil fellas.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is mostly out of my system by now even though I got a little salty during the game. When I was younger it might have lingered longer but it is what it is. Play an awful game against a quality team and you get your butt kicked, it's just that simple.

Ugh so humiliating....its different when its against a perennial powerhouse....

And the fact that we’ll be told that ND is overrated by pretty much everyone...which is true.

They won't be overrated by any measure now because they sucked last night and it was just a good old fashioned a$$ whupping. If they're still in the top fifteen, twenty they should be thankful.

Just an average team that catches lightning in a bottle now and then but can't consistently hang with the big boys. If there's one positive, it's that I've jumped off the bandwagon. That performance put to rest any optimism/homer that I had in me. It was like watching a post 2006 Weis team. Oh well, no use in crying more over spilled milk because it's over. I could deal with it better if they had put up more of a fight but they just rolled over and played dead.

Okay, that's it. #Go ND, on to Navy.

Thanks Speedster.. I agree we are all die hard fans. All of us want ND to be back on top. But that isn't going to happen this year. No need to kill each other.

Or next year...or the year after that...or the year after that......As long as Kelly is there it ain't happening.

If they beat Navy and Stanford they'll be 10-2, having thrashed USC, Mich St and a good NC St team, likely making a new Years 6 Bowl. If I offered that to you in August, based on what transpired last year, how many of you would take It???

Every single one of them.

Canadian, you’re using rational thoughts to try to counter raw emotional pain. While I wholeheartedly agree with you, that’s not going to reach people unable to hear because of their own yelling.

My apologies. What I meant to say was FIRE KELLY!! EXILE WIMBUSH TO A DESERTED USLAND!!! CANCEL THE PROGRAM!!!

If they beat Navy and Stanford they'll be 10-2, having thrashed USC, Mich St and a good NC St team, likely making a new Years 6 Bowl. If I offered that to you in August, based on what transpired last year, how many of you would take It???

Of course. But what if you added, there’s a catch. You’ll get beat by the two best teams on your schedule and one will be one embarrassment for the decades. I would have to think about that one.

Embarssment for the decades?

I’m not letting this night scar me. I’ve had too many embarrassments in life. This bad game barely rates.

Maybe a reach, but did that not feel like the Faust beat down in the 80’s? BK’s looks of rejection on the sideline, the team giving up, National tv, gold chains flying everywhere. We were the third best team that played like we were a JV team last night. I was embarrassed for our players.

They won't be overrated by any measure now because they sucked last night and it was just a good old fashioned a$$ whupping. If they're still in the top fifteen, twenty they should be thankful.

Just an average team that catches lightning in a bottle now and then but can't consistently hang with the big boys. If there's one positive, it's that I've jumped off the bandwagon. That performance put to rest any optimism/homer that I had in me. It was like watching a post 2006 Weis team. Oh well, no use in crying more over spilled milk because it's over. I could deal with it better if they had put up more of a fight but they just rolled over and played dead.

Okay, that's it. #Go ND, on to Navy.

. We walked into a buzz saw last night, their stadium and their fans were peaked with passion and akin to hatred for us, the bottle through the bus window, the taunting and disrespect worked for them and generated a daunting atmosphere. We didn't handle it well. Coach Holtz would have had the psychological aspect addressed early in the game, a time out or sideline huddle to settle in and focus out distractions. It wouldn't have neutralized their speed against us but it might well have helped a quarterback that was visibly shaken.