ND vs. Princeton (Round of 64)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farrell played awful at the end, but he was pretty much our entire offense in the first half. VJ and Steve were awful, but that is pretty much par for the course - they should be the best/most consistent players on the team given their ability and experience, but it was honestly more surprising when either of them had a good game this season. I haven't been impressed with either of them all year. Bonzie gets a pass from me because he has been our best player all year and his ankle is obviously bothering him. He still put up 18 and 7.

We were lucky to escape, but this is the tourney, so just happy to move on. As someone said, this has happened the last two years and we ended up going to the Elite 8 obviously.

Got to really pick it up on Saturday. If we play WVU, Farrell better start taking care of the ball.

Farrell played awful at the end, but he was pretty much our entire offense in the first half. VJ and Steve were awful, but that is pretty much par for the course - they should be the best/most consistent players on the team given their ability and experience, but it was honestly more surprising when either of them had a good game this season. I haven't been impressed with either of them all year. Bonzie gets a pass from me because he has been our best player all year and his ankle is obviously bothering him. He still put up 18 and 7.

We were lucky to escape, but this is the tourney, so just happy to move on. As someone said, this has happened the last two years and we ended up going to the Elite 8 obviously.

Got to really pick it up on Saturday. If we play WVU, Farrell better start taking care of the ball.

Farrell definitely had a few instances taking care of the ball in the second half, but, if not for him, ND doesn't stand a chance in this game. He was the only person hitting shots. Beach and Vasturia were absolute garbage. They couldn't hit anything. Plus, Vasturia's defense was pretty bad too. Colson played well in the first, and okay in the second, but it's very obvious that his ankle is hindering him.

Bottom line is princeton is bad, and ND is moving on.

Would have liked to see Ryan play in 2nd (don't think he did). Was his d bad?

Brey really just doesn't like to use his bench....never has. He wants to live and die with his best players. To be fair, overall this year, ND's bench has not been very good. I do think Gibbs, Geben and Ryan have played well enough to get more minutes right now though. We'll see what he does against wvu, as their press, will wear people out quicker.

Don't have them in my final 4 so wouldn't kill me.. I think.

They're a fraud. They want all the perks of being an "elite" program without any of the public scrutiny. Every year all we hear is how "this is Gonzaga's best team ever" and every yr they're out in the first weekend.