ND favored by 4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look much better on paper---I know that. Just have a bad feeling with it being an opener in such a hostile place...at night...on a Sunday with everyone watching....

The dual QB thing also has me concerned. I feel like it's an embarrassment of riches that is going to backfire....like 1 of our 2 weapons will have a bad night that results in turnovers that end up deciding the game....

We relied heavily upon our WR corps for last year's result and this year it's gone. Plus UT played night and day the rest of 2015 vs. when we saw them....

This is a year that we can pound the ball or pass it just as effectively. We have a very good offense and I am sure that our defense will stop their offense more often than they can stop ours. If we can pressure the QB, we win easily.

I think that we will win by three scores but I wouldn`t put money on it.

ND opened at -2.5. The line has moved to -3.5 or -4.

All that shows is they underestimated the ND money which happens. Setting a line for opening day is the most volatile line you can make and everybody can be way off, bookies and punters.

In their opinion this was a pick 'em game (I strongly disagree) and ND started out -2.5. Money now comes for ND which means maybe they should have set the line lower, we will see.

I think it ends nearer -5.5 or 6 depending on sharp money late moves. Texas is not good.

All that shows is they underestimated the ND money which happens. Setting a line for opening day is the most volatile line you can make and everybody can be way off, bookies and punters.

In their opinion this was a pick 'em game (I strongly disagree) and ND started out -2.5. Money now comes for ND which means maybe they should have set the line lower, we will see.

I think it ends nearer -5.5 or 6 depending on sharp money late moves. Texas is not good.

I believe the line last year was between 9.5 and 11.0.

This is a year that we can pound the ball or pass it just as effectively. We have a very good offense and I am sure that our defense will stop their offense more often than they can stop ours. If we can pressure the QB, we win easily.

I think that we will win by three scores but I wouldn`t put money on it.

I think we simply need to contain this QB and cover. We don't need an elite pass rush to beat them. Swoopes is an athlete and will likely look to run after his first check down. Guys just need to stay home and contain the QB.

ND will be fine. To me, this is not the biggest factor in ND winning.

As many have pointed out on the board, the Irish have the advantage and virtually all position groups. I believe environment and mental state of the Irish are bigger impacts than anything else.

If the Irish show up focused and play with discipline, they cover any single-digit spread easily IMO.

I think we simply need to contain this QB and cover. We don't need an elite pass rush to beat them. Swoopes is an athlete and will likely look to run after his first check down. Guys just need to stay home and contain the QB.

ND will be fine. To me, this is not the biggest factor in ND winning.

As many have pointed out on the board, the Irish have the advantage and virtually all position groups. I believe environment and mental state of the Irish are bigger impacts than anything else.

If the Irish show up focused and play with discipline, they cover any single-digit spread easily IMO.

I think that you hit the nail on the head.

Texas is recovering from a down time, but they are a major Power 5 team. To think that ND is leaps and bounds better than Texas is silly, even if they have the advantage at most of the skill positions on paper.

Notre Dame has more Blue Chip talent than Texas, it's Blue Chip talent is older and more experienced, it has more staff stability and more experience overall.

This should be a 10 point win.

Notre Dame has more Blue Chip talent than Texas, it's Blue Chip talent is older and more experienced, it has more staff stability and more experience overall.

This should be a 10 point win.

NDs strength on offense is the OL while UTs weakness on defense is their DL. if ND can control the LOS and run the ball at will then ND should win.

Umm because we are definitely NOT Bama!

ND fans and players should be sweating this game. We have talent but opening on the road at Texas in prime time with so many new faces is a scary thing.

I hope our Oline is dominant from the get-go and Kelly runs the ball. The best way to shut up a home crowd is long sustaining drives to begin the game.

"This is the best O line in the Charlie Strong era, and it should be able to wear down the Irish as the game goes on."

Uhhh does Pete Fiutak know that Texas is down three starters on their offensive line? Does he know that one of those starters is their center? A EE true freshman who was handed the job in the spring, meaning the depth behind him must be ATROCIOUS.

"This is the best O line in the Charlie Strong era, and it should be able to wear down the Irish as the game goes on."

Uhhh does Pete Fiutak know that Texas is down three starters on their offensive line? Does he know that one of those starters is their center? A EE true freshman who was handed the job in the spring, meaning the depth behind him must be ATROCIOUS.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/8/29/12694128/texas-longhorns-offensive-line-injuries-zach-shackelford