Woo Hoo! Son just got admitted!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents, thanks for the good wishes.

The kid is bright. (Speedy having met his father knows he must get it from his mother)

Domer Dude, what does it take?

6th in a class of 640. He take his honors and AP courses but balances that with a very active social life. Never pushed him, he takes care of business on his own - and doesn't kill himself doing it.

Kelly Gruene: Likely to have 17 AP credits accepted at Note Dame which will save some money! (Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue and Marquette would have given him around 27 credits.)

35s on Math, Science and English ACT. ('Tanked' Reading with a 32)

Three-time qualifier for state math finals. (No wonder. now taking Multi-variable Calculus with Linear Algebra - which may be covered in two courses at ND.)

Likely three-time qualifier for state large school track and field finals.

Currently fastest time in Illinois in 4x200 meter relay.

(Also ran fastest time at one point last spring in that event,

4th fastest in 4x400 and set conference record on 4x100 relay.

As Weird Al would say, "Pretty fly for a white guy."

He's thinking of walking on for ND track team. Please God...)

Balto Dad: If he wants grad school, which I'd encourage, then he needs to figure out how to pay for it. I would like to retire some day.

OK: will ask in PM if your daughters know a friend's daughter graduating this year who was also in the band.

It's really a tough decision in that kids with test scores and class standings like your son's often get substantial scholarship monies offered to them from other schools. USC, for instance, has a Presidential Scholarship where they offer 1/2 tuition scholarship over 4 years. That's roughly $88,000 total. So, in addition to the credits, it's kind of tough to turn down the big dollars. ND has a situation where they try to make sure that money is not a reason a kid does not choose Notre Dame. They find a combination of jobs and scholarship dollars to make it so an accepted kid does go to ND instead of somewhere else.

I was lucky enough to go to ND and enjoyed every minute of it, especially the Bookstore Basketball tournament. One of my sons was accepted there but chose somewhere else.

It is an exciting time for you and your son. Congratulations to him. Congratulations to you for fostering an atmosphere that allowed it to happen. Maybe you'll both get to see ND play in another championship game. I believe your son's final year may be BK's final year as well.

Congratulations to you your son on getting in to Notre Dame. I wanted to ask a couple questions about Saint Mary's. My daughter got accepted to Saint Mary's and I wanted to know the rep on Saint Mary's grads and the school. Can anyone offer up some pros and cons, besides that its not ND.

Thanks