ND Hockey

Pretty pumped as my boys and I are heading out to see ND open their season tonight at penn state. I know they lost some key players from last year so we're hoping they pull it out. They are pre-season ranked #27. GO IRISH!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame WON 7-4. Fun Game. psu came out quite aggressive and controlled the puck a lot of the first period, but they couldn't find the net. ND made 3 out of their first 5 shots, as psu's goalie just wasn't tracking the puck well.

ND must have gotten a tongue lashing after the first period because they came out in the second period, ultra aggressive and dominated action pretty much from there on out. It's always great to see the Irish win, in any sport, especially against penn state! They play them again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Quick update:

ND men's hockey has climbed up to #13, is 7-0-3 in their last ten games and 12-4-7 overall. Pretty decent looking team right now that is totally exceeding expectations!

I wouldn't say their exceeding expectations. This team didn't lose much from last year, and Peterson is the rock of the team. Only, thing that hurt them was losing Vinny H. but obviously they figured out how to play without him.

I wouldn't say their exceeding expectations. This team didn't lose much from last year, and Peterson is the rock of the team. Only, thing that hurt them was losing Vinny H. but obviously they figured out how to play without him.

I guess I was looking more at the pre-season rankings, as ND started out unranked. Hockey is definitely not my expertise...I just try to catch some games when I can.

I guess I was looking more at the pre-season rankings, as ND started out unranked. Hockey is definitely not my expertise...I just try to catch some games when I can.

I've always been a fan of a lot of sports. But really followed this team 10 years ago when they started to get good. Like, the girls Bball team they can't get over the hill and win it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Caught the game in the middle of the second. Nice, strong finish...This team really is playing very well right now. Number 8 in the country and playing for a good seed right now. They have some tough games coming up against #5 Providence and then #7 Boston University.

• 3 weeks later...

The hockey team struggled a little at the end of the year but did win their last game against #10 boston U. Peterson, their goalie, was unreal, and had his first shutout. I think that gives them a 3 seed in their tourney, which is quite competitve, and most likely a lock for the real tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
The hockey team struggled a little at the end of the year but did win their last game against #10 boston U. Peterson, their goalie, was unreal, and had his first shutout. I think that gives them a 3 seed in their tourney, which is quite competitve, and most likely a lock for the real tournament.

Terrible, performance in the hockey east tourney. This, team will not make the real tourney.