Kidney stones?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had the displeasure of p!ssing one of these bad boys out? I did this week. My doctor was stunned that I was able to pass one the size I did, so he kept it...

One more to go...

I am fortunate to say not yet. But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express once.

My brother-in-law seems to have these every other year or so. Keeps them in a ziplock bag like some type of trophy or something. I guess if you pass them, it probably feels like you deserve some type of reminder of your toughness lol. Good luck with them, Jeff! I do not envy your situation. That poor urethra...

Anyone had the displeasure of p!ssing one of these bad boys out? I did this week. My doctor was stunned that I was able to pass one the size I did, so he kept it...

One more to go...

Let me guess it was the size of a golf ball, and it just rolled out your urethra ;).

I had one a little over a year ago. For me, the worst part was when it was making it's way through my kidney. I ride a commuter coach to work, and it started just after I got on, so I had to sit there and deal with it for 45 min. I knew that what was going on was localized to my kidney, but I didn't think it was a kidney stone. I thought a stone would cause a really sharp pain, but it was a really intense dull pressure, like my kidney was being squeezed in a vice. When I got to the hospital, they put me on a morphine drip and the nurse remarked that the pain intensity was comparable to childbirth. Passing it was not pleasant but much easier than I expected, although the percosets probably helped with that.

My uncle gets kidney stones frequently. He once told me his "secret" to dealing with them is to drink a crapload of beer as fast as you can without peeing, and once you are nice and drunk (and have an insanely full bladder) you go shoot that evil bastard out

In all seriousness, I am very sorry to hear you went through this. I have heard from several people that passing one of these things is just about the most pain you can go through.

My uncle gets kidney stones frequently. He once told me his "secret" to dealing with them is to drink a crapload of beer as fast as you can without peeing, and once you are nice and drunk (and have an insanely full bladder) you go shoot that evil bastard out

May God strike me dead if the nurse at my doctor's office didn't suggest the same...:pray2:

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home from three days in the hospital. Had surgery tonight to have stone removed...waiting and anticipation was worse than the operation as I was asleep so I couldn't feel them going in through the front door...glad it's over...for now...have three more...

I feel for you rocket. I have dealt with multiple kidney stone over the past seven years and had one surgically removed about three or four years ago. I had to keep that stupid stent in for six weeks which was a terrible in its own way, and getting it removed was no picnic either. Whenever I have a bout with one I take a non narcotic pain killer called ketorolac (generic for toradol) you cant stay on them for very long because ironically they are bad for your kidneys but they really do the trick, I take one and the pain completely goes away within a half hour.