I'm offically done watching the ESPY's

so ESPN would rather give the aurthur ash award to a freak show rather than some one who actually deserves it, (typical ESPN and media).

lauren hill battled cancer while fulfilling her dream but I guess that doesn't matter. after all that's old news and this freak show jenner is just more interesting.

im going to be sick, ESPN has showed their true colors again, it's all about the ratings.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/lauren-hill-more-deserving-of-espy-than-caitlyn-jenner-fans/ar-BBkAEr5

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate these award shows (Oscars, Emmys, etc). They are always so awkward. People are so stuffy that they cannot laugh at jokes, sometimes the jokes get far too personal which makes it more awkward, and the acceptance speeches are either boring as hell or awkward as hell.

This thread is dripping with ignorance...

Oh Really?

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/Oh-really-really.gif?gs=a

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Oh-really-gif.gif?gs=a

I'm curious on why did you start watching? I thought it was a lame attempt by ESPN to be like the Oscars, when really it's more like the Indie film festival.

The piece they did on Stuart Scott before he passed away was very moving, it made the ESPYs that year worthwhile.

I don't get the outrage? It's a dumb award, given at a dumb award show, put on by a dumb network? This really feels to me like a really easy way for bigots to hate on Jenner. They can't come out and say it, so they complain that she's winning an award that they didn't know existed 3 weeks ago

I don't get the outrage? It's a dumb award, given at a dumb award show, put on by a dumb network? This really feels to me like a really easy way for bigots to hate on Jenner. They can't come out and say it, so they complain that she's winning an award that they didn't know existed 3 weeks ago

She still has a pecker, so she is still a he.

I don't really think that is it. But look at some of the people who have won the award. ESPN has Sports in the name. Jenner hasn't been an athlete for 30+ years. Lauren Hill played with and died from brain cancer this year and I'm sure there are dozens of other inspirational stories. The marine missing limbs running. The guy who does Ironmans with his paraplegic son. Heck, Shelly Smith going on TV bald after cancer was a hard thing to do.

I'm sure you could argue both, but living a dream knowing you are going to die from cancer is every bit as courageous as deciding you want to become a woman, isn't it?

I don't really think that is it. But look at some of the people who have won the award. ESPN has Sports in the name. Jenner hasn't been an athlete for 30+ years. Lauren Hill played with and died from brain cancer this year and I'm sure there are dozens of other inspirational stories. The marine missing limbs running. The guy who does Ironmans with his paraplegic son. Heck, Shelly Smith going on TV bald after cancer was a hard thing to do.

I'm sure you could argue both, but living a dream knowing you are going to die from cancer is every bit as courageous as deciding you want to become a woman, isn't it?

I'm not saying that Jenner deserves an award for anything just that the outrage seems misplaced to me. No one cared (sadly) about the marine 3 weeks ago, and no one will care after the award is given. It seems like if we really wanted to celebrate the bravery of him and others like him we might treat out vets a little better...

Everyone you mentioned is brave and courageous and should be celebrated, and that doesn't mean Jenner isn't brave. One person winning a made up award doesn't make anyone else less courageous, and we as a society should celebrate all of those people.