I'm offically done watching the ESPY's

The ESPYs are garbage, but it's the principle of the matter. I don't care about what Jenner did, his choice, but it was voluntary plastic surgery. Plus, I don't think there was an altruistic impulse behind this, I see it as him trying to stay on the spotlight. I'm biased bc Lauren Hill played at Mt St Joe, which is literally 3 minutes from my parent's house, but she actually did something that was a matter of life and death. If Jenner was a decent person, he/she would decline the award.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESPYs are garbage, but it's the principle of the matter. I don't care about what Jenner did, his choice, but it was voluntary plastic surgery. Plus, I don't think there was an altruistic impulse behind this, I see it as him trying to stay on the spotlight. I'm biased bc Lauren Hill played at Mt St Joe, which is literally 3 minutes from my parent's house, but she actually did something that was a matter of life and death. If Jenner was a decent person, he/she would decline the award.

While I don't share the bias, I do share the sentiment. Everyone who came here rushing to defend Jenner against the bigots is way off base. I am happy for Jenner to have reached a place in life where he or she feels comfortable coming out and being his or herself. I have no particular bias against him or her, I simply think it is silly to give him or her an award for elective surgery. I don't think anyone here is hating on Jenner's personal decision so much as the decision to award him or her for it over someone who might be more deserving having overcome greater challenges.

But if y'all want to make it a witch hunt, go right ahead. I originally thought it funny when Rocket made the comment about this thread dripping with ignorance, now I feel otherwise. It is dripping with ignorance, I just think you guys might be wrong about who is really ignorant here. For anyone who generally is an anti Jenner bigot, I apologize for including you in my blanket statements.

Everyone here is so quick to get offended about homosexuality and homophobia, Jenner doesn't read this board and probably wouldn't care one way or the other about our sentiments so why don't you try being nice to the people you are interacting with here day in day out instead of rushing to defend someone you will likely never meet?

Thanks for summing things up so succinctly Elder.

I originally thought it funny when Rocket made the comment about this thread dripping with ignorance, now I feel otherwise. It is dripping with ignorance, I just think you guys might be wrong about who is really ignorant here.

Describing Jenner as a "freak show" is nothing short of ignorant...no if's and's or but's about it...not saying he's/she's award worthy...just saying that calling him/her a freak for what he/she is going through is wrong.

Edited by Rocketsan

Describing Jenner as a "freak show" is nothing short of ignorant...no if's and's or but's about it...not saying he's/she's award worthy...just saying that calling him/her a freak for what he/she is going through is wrong.

Everyone has an opinion. I might not have used those words myself, but I can also respect someone's frustration at being inundated with Jenner everyone time you flip on the television. I am surprised he or she has not made an appearance on my kids' cartoon station yet.

The ignorance with any and all of this does not fall to anyone commenting on this subject in this forum (aside form those who claim it is). If your head is that deep in the sand with what this is all about, there is nothing that will ever help you. Wait in the Soylent Green line!

The ignorance with any and all of this does not fall to anyone commenting on this subject in this forum (aside form those who claim it is). If your head is that deep in the sand with what this is all about, there is nothing that will ever help you. Wait in the Soylent Green line!

Whatever libtard!:laugh:

Not sure this is even a liberal conservative issue in it pure form. Maybe people see it that way because liberals are for inclusiveness and conservatives are deemed as not. I am sure that is why more lgbt folks vote left. I always vote for inclusiveness so one day I don't look like an idiot in front of my future kids. I don't vote for Jenner winning that award, not because it wasn't a brave thing or I don't support his decision, because people come out as trans everyday and don't get awards for their braveness. The girl does deserve the award because that is a true sports story. Jenner can win an award for most famous person coming out this year I guess. Have to wonder if this would even be a big story of it wasn't for the stupid reality shows.

some of you guys should band together and make an anti-ESPN award. Then you can give that award to ESPN and collectively shake your fists at the sky.

This would have the same effect of winning an ESPY, Arthur Ashe Award or not.

When did ESPY's get confused with Nobel prizes?

some of you guys should band together and make an anti-ESPN award. Then you can give that award to ESPN and collectively shake your fists at the sky.

This would have the same effect of winning an ESPY, Arthur Ashe Award or not.

When did ESPY's get confused with Nobel prizes?

October 2009, when they gave the nobel to Obama for doing absolutley nothing. ZING

:popcorn::grin:

That Diane sawyer interview drew huge ratings, Caitlyn joined twitter, posted pictures and contributed to Nickmans wank bank and broke the internet. She's trending on social media and magazines with her on the cover are selling better. What is ESPN to do? She will bring huge ratings to the show and the pre-show (red carpet).

The ESPY's have been known to have amazing speeches and lets not forget Bruce/Caitlyn is a successful motivational speaker so despite some folks resentment to her receiving this award, it could be epic.

Armed with this knowledge i'm sure the good folks at the worldwide leader are charging advertisers a pretty penny. This is an opportunity to make some big bucks quickly. And isn't that what it's all about?

I don't want to hijack the thread but because making money has taken precedence over everything, that's why I think student athlete should be paid.