Chance at a 2 seed

I don't think myself or anyone else was trying to call you out specifically...your post just triggered my response is all. There have been a few on this board who seem to think this team has to win every game by a certain amount of points though or do something special every game. That's just simply not how it works for 95% of college basketball.

Have they played below expectations in a few games this year? Of course, but who doesn't? I guess, I just don't see how they had a mini-collapse. Whenever they had a poor showing (W or L), they seemed to come out the next game with a lot better effort and performance.

I would think that most of the collapse thought process stems from the lack of post season success the team has had. When the team loses due to a bad shooting night (syracuse) or plays poorly against a super athletic, run and jump defensive team (beginning of the 2nd half against Louisville) it's easy to compare those games to NCAA tournament games that ND has lost in the past.

With that said, I think that's completely unfair. I'm not one of the Brey haters that thinks he needs sweet sixteens to prove himself, in fact I believe the exact opposite. The fact that so much is put into a single elimination tournament takes away from the awesome wins and awesome seasons that Brey has had over the years. The Hansborough led team was so much fun to watch all year, and just because they didn't get to the sweet sixteen or elite eight doesn't mean that they weren't a top-15 team in the country that had an AWESOME season.

In all, people need to realize that while the other top tier teams in the ACC have their own practice facilities, with all the bells and whistles Notre Dame practices in the basement of the Joyce Center. The basketball team does not have all the advantages that the football team has, and therefore the expectations shouldn't be the same.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be really interesting to see how the committee handles the seeding tomorrow. ND played essentially two road games in back to back nights against Duke and NC! I think they earned a 2 seed tonight!

I have not seen anyone picking ND for a 2 seed. ND has beaten three top 20 teams in the last 10 days. They are ready for this tournament regardless of whether they are a 2 or 3 seed.

Will be really interesting to see how the committee handles the seeding tomorrow. ND played essentially two road games in back to back nights against Duke and NC! I think they earned a 2 seed tonight!

Keep the 3 seed. They are like stars in football recruiting they don't mean nothing. But they do give you a bye.

No doubt. They really did. Just don't want it to be in the same bracket as Kentucky.

Seriously, how do they still keep talking about them being a 2 SEED ?

Did not win conference tournament. Lost 4 of last 9 games.

Pure BS if they get a 2 seed with 8 losses.

Then an announcer says after ND game maybe Iowa State because they beat Kansas twice.

How about we beat a 1 seed twice.

Seriously, how do they still keep talking about them being a 2 SEED ?

Did not win conference tournament. Lost 4 of last 9 games.

Pure BS if they get a 2 seed with 8 losses.

Then an announcer says after ND game maybe Iowa State because they beat Kansas twice.

How about we beat a 1 seed twice.

I would take ND over Kansas this year, and I don't think it's that close tbh. Only teams that should be ranked ahead of us right now are Kentucky, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Villanova, Gonzaga, and Wisconsin. That should make us the last 2 seed. It's not like we are NC State upsetting a bunch of teams and winning the tourney. ACC champion should be a 1 or 2 seed in most years. This year included.

EDIT: With that said...Kansas played the best schedule in the country this year. That could leave them at a 2 seed and hard to argue.

Edited by LasVegasIrish

I would take ND over Kansas this year, and I don't think it's that close tbh. Only teams that should be ranked ahead of us right now are Kentucky, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Villanova, Gonzaga, and Wisconsin. That should make us the last 2 seed. It's not like we are NC State upsetting a bunch of teams and winning the tourney. ACC champion should be a 1 or 2 seed in most years. This year included.

I will go further. ND's resume is much better than Gonzaga's and Villanova's. Now Let's look at Duke. Somebody please explain to me how Duke's resume is that much better than ND's. Think about this put Duke's name next to ND's resume. Now put ND's name next to Duke's resume. Want to bet that Duke would probably still have a one seed? Yes I'm putting it out there I think they should be in consideration for a 1.

I will go further. ND's resume is much better than Gonzaga's and Villanova's. Now Let's look at Duke. Somebody please explain to me how Duke's resume is that much better than ND's. Think about this put Duke's name next to ND's resume. Now put ND's name next to Duke's resume. Want to bet that Duke would probably still have a one seed? Yes I'm putting it out there I think they should be in consideration for a 1.

I agree. But that doesn't mean the biased bullshit peddlers of the NCAA agree. ND is going to get schemed into a 3 seed and when they do, I hope it gives them a huge chip on their shoulder and we fight and battle for the next 6 games. Unlikely? Of course it's unlikely, but it's great to imagine.

I agree. But that doesn't mean the biased bullshit peddlers of the NCAA agree. ND is going to get schemed into a 3 seed and when they do, I hope it gives them a huge chip on their shoulder and we fight and battle for the next 6 games. Unlikely? Of course it's unlikely, but it's great to imagine.

I think this team already has a huge chip on their shoulder and a 3 seed would only add to that.

This is one year you can say look at ND's resume and it really speaks for itself.

Agreed. At some point you gotta take a step back from the non conference SOS bull crap and just lack at what a team did. In conference alone they beat Duke twice (essentially on the road in one game), NC twice (both on the road essentially), Louisville on the road, NC State on the road, ACC tournament champions. How many have a better resume than that in all honesty? On top of that absolutely dominated Purdue on a neutral court, and beat MSU. Maybe if they have one more game against a good team non conference they would be looked at more...

if ND can't fix their slow 2nd half starts then they wont get out of the second round.

I think that ND looses to Kentucky in the elite 8.

That's what I am figuring also. However, right now, I am in fantasy land dreaming about upsetting them.

Hoosiers stuff boys. This team can do it.