What Makes You Tick?

10) Most prized possessionStevie...,Ahem excuse me The Great Stevie Ray Vaughan gave me his Poncho after a concert. I don't know how we got back stage, I was not a SRV fan at the time but the stars aligned and i a saweeet Poncho. If was kinda funky and i was offered money for it that i would have surely taken if I could have done it without looking like an ungrateful little brat

ย 

This is super cool....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Last book you read?

Moneyball

2) Pick your favourite meal

Cajun Cream Linguine with Blackened Chicken

3) Is your car dirty or clean inside?

Spotless, I have access to a car wash and detail supplies every day

4) Three words your best friend would use to describe you...

Honest, Trustworthy, Reliable

5) What is your profession?

Assistant Service Manager - Toyota

6) Name three non-Notre Dame athletes you followed growing up

Steve Largent, George Brett, Casey Blake (went to school together)

7) Favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages

Templeton Rye, I like the hoppy and dark beers, Moscow Mules - Mountain Dew

Top three favourite movies

The Last Mohican, Saving Private Ryan, Any Bourne movies

9) Most memorable Notre Dame play

2 KO returns by the Rocket against Michigan in same game

10) Most prized possession

My Kids then my gun collection

Edited by The Four Horsemen

1) Last book you read? Mafia Prince: Inside America's Most Violent Mob Family and the Bloody Fall of La Costra Nostra

ย 

2) Pick your favourite meal: Thanksgiving dinner because my mother makes stuffing that is amazing!!!

ย 

3) Is your car dirty or clean inside? Dirty. But once a month I clean it out...but that only lasts a couple of days.

ย 

4) Three words your best friend would use to describe you...Sports, loyal, happy

ย 

5) What is your profession?School teacher

ย 

6) Name three non-Notre Dame athletes you followed growing up:Pete Rose, Dr. J, Mike Tyson

ย 

7) Favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages:Sam Adams Summer Ale and Green Flash West Coast IPA...V-8 juice

ย 

8) Top three favourite movies:Pulp Fiction, Tombstone, Red Dawn (early '80s version) and Rocky

ย 

9) Most memorable Notre Dame play: October 15, 1988...Pat Terrell's interception return for a TD. Put the Irish up 21-7 in the Game of the Century vs Miami. Yelling and screaming "Run!!!! Run!!!!" with my dad in our living room

ย 

10) Most prized possession:My kids...but if are talking material things I'll say my Sports Illustrated collection. I have certain issues, both swimsuit and non-swimsuit, from when I was a kid (early 80s) up through today. This week's SI with little leaguer Mo'Ne on the cover will be in the collection too.

1) Last book you read?

A Game of thrones

2) Pick your favorite meal

Steak and Crab Legs

As clean as it can be with 2 kids and a dog

There no matter what.

My father and I have a small residential construction buisness and reserve Police officer (hopefully full time soon)

Reggie Miller, Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James (as a Colt only)

7) Favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages

Don't really drink anymore, Anything not diet

8) Top three favorite movies

Last of the Mohicans, The Avengers, Game of Thrones ( I know it's a series)

Bush push because it was the game that made me a ND fan

I am going to have to go with the kids as well on this one, but my guns and movie collection are my material prized possessions

1) Last book you read?

ย 

Reading "The Academ's Furie" by J Butcher.

ย 

ย 

Pizza with Italian beef and giadeneira

ย 

ย 

It gets dirty with my job, but I try to keep it clean.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Paper Carrier/Stay at home dad

ย 

Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Andre Dawson

ย 

ย 

Guinness or a good scotch, Arnold Palmer

ย 

8) Top three favourite movies

ย 

Braveheart, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Fifth Element

ย 

ย 

Golson TD and 2 pt conversion vs Pitt

ย 

ย 

I have a birth memento from each of my four (soon to be five) kids.

ย 

Fun idea Rocket, thanks!

I'm not criticizing, but I find it interesting that some list their children as their prized possession. Difficult for me to consider that. But obviously this is just a loose interpretive of the question. Hmmmm. Ok.. Move on

ย 

Do you not have kids of your own? For me it is not sentimental shlock or misinterpretation of the question, it is the simple fact that all of the material things I loved before I had kids are now covered in glitter, stickers, and rhinestones. *shrug*

ย 

I am surprised that no one mentioned the stick up their butt as their most prized possession. Not criticizing though.

Do you not have kids of your own? For me it is not sentimental shlock or misinterpretation of the question, it is the simple fact that all of the material things I loved before I had kids are now covered in glitter, stickers, and rhinestones. *shrug*

ย 

I am surprised that no one mentioned the stick up their butt as their most prized possession. Not criticizing though.

ย 

Didn't mean to strike that nerve with you or anyone else. I think of possessions as something different. My two children are the greatest BLESSING/GIFTS in my life. Again, it was just the way I interpreted the question. Have a peaceful weekend Eddie

Didn't mean to strike that nerve with you or anyone else. I think of possessions as something different. My two children are the greatest BLESSING/GIFTS in my life. Again, it was just the way I interpreted the question. Have a peaceful weekend Eddie

ย 

You too. I understand why you mentioned it, and I am sure you love your kids. I know that there are times when I too get tired of the same old regurgitated crap and boilerplate answers that seem to lack any real insight, and I know the "my kids" answer can seem stepford.

ย 

Just like I said, I don't really have things anymore. Case and point, my aforementioned Kermit the Frog was found in a bag by my kids. They took it out and after 5 minutes that Kermit who had survived more than 35 years was slathered with refried beans and had an arm near falling off. I have a great ND helmet too that is now scored, gouged, and covered in white streaks that make me think my kids took turns wearing it and running into walls.

ย 

I wish I had a more fitting prize possession to mention, I just realize I won't be able to have things again until after my kids are out of college.

I enjoy reading up on the mafia as well. I have a good collection of mafia books and movies. No Godfather though. go figure.

ย 

Davislove...it's more of a following due to my first teaching gig.

ย 

I taught in a Catholic School in South Philly...hub of Italian Americans living in Philadelphia...many of my kids were the children or grandchildren of all these guys who ran the Philly mob.

ย 

I've met a lot of these mob guys at school...all the mob kids were awesome to teach. All were very respectful...most were quiet and athletic...and almost all of them were very good students.

ย 

I was told it was because their dad's had enough to worry about so they kept the kids in line...the last thing they wanted to deal with was a punk kid making trouble at school.

ย 

Makes sense...lol

I have a great ND helmet too that is now scored, gouged, and covered in white streaks that make me think my kids took turns wearing it and running into walls.

ย 

I wish I had a more fitting prize possession to mention, I just realize I won't be able to have things again until after my kids are out of college.

ย 

Funny story. I have family in Tucson, AZ that lived next door to the Huartes. Apparently John's kids knew his Heisman was his most treasured possession so one of his daughters decided to spruce it up and decorate it by gluing it up with glitter and other decorations. Needless to say dad was not happy about that and there was quite the expense getting the trophy back to its original condition. Likely something you look back at laugh at I'm sure..not so funny at the time.

Funny story. I have family in Tucson, AZ that lived next door to the Huartes. Apparently John's kids knew his Heisman was his most treasured possession so one of his daughters decided to spruce it up and decorate it by gluing it up with glitter and other decorations. Needless to say dad was not happy about that and there was quite the expense getting the trophy back to its original condition. Likely something you look back at laugh at I'm sure..not so funny at the time.

ย 

Wow, that makes me feel better about all the things of mine that have been bedazzled. They also keep my company in the bathroom, I wonder if ole John ever dealt with that.

1) Last book you read?

umm.... Faith and Okie's posts! I kid I kid...

Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloins on the grill, the mashed whiteskins and grilled veggies and a cold beer.

ย 

Fairly clean. hard to keep up with the cheerios from the kids....

ย 

funny, responsible, hard working

ย 

healthcare contracting and compliance

ย 

Cecil Fielder, Barry Sanders, Stevie Yzerman

ย 

Unsweetened Iced Tea, Beer (taste changes, but right now I'm diggin Bell's Two-hearted Ale)

ย 

This is a complicated question... I rate my movies by genre.... but I'll spit out a few...

ย 

Goonies

Rudy

Back to the Future (all of them)

Tommy Boy

Happy Gilmore

ย 

ย 

2006 vs. MSU - Terrail Lambert INT to put ND up with 4 minutes left in the 4th qtr.... I weathered the storm and terrible MSU fans that spit, punched and shoved me all game as I quietly watched MSU pound ND and remained quiet while ND clawed there way back into it. The smile on my face after the Irish took the lead had to be enormous.

ย 

ย 

ND football memorabilia collection dating back to the 40's.

Curious to know more about the people on the board...take the time to answer the following super-scientific questions:

ย 

1) Last book you read?

ย 

1. Think and Grow Rich

ย 

2. Don't know, probably a steak from Morton's, but being a bachelor I don't eat much more than Grilled Chicken

ย 

3. Spotless

ย 

4. Conscientious, intense, competitive

ย 

5. Finance- Private placement Securities

ย 

6. Jason (Jay Williams), Ken Griffey Jr (as a Mariner), Barry Sanders

ย 

7. Fuze Lemon Iced Tea, Jack Daniels and Coke

ย 

8. Dead Poets Society, Shawshank Redemption, American Psycho

ย 

9. Maybe short term bias- but the Stanford Goal Line stand, earlier, Deke Cooper's goal line stop vs. BC. Wish I could say I remember things before the Ron Pawulus era, but I am only 26.

ย 

10. I guess my Mac Book?

Edited by ELDER06

1) Last book you read? Don't read books. So I would have to say the Internet is my book of choice. Lol

2) Pick your favourite meal? Jamaican jerk, soul food neck and neck.

3) Is your car dirty or clean inside? Clean

4) Three words your best friend would use to describe you...crazy as hell

5) What is your profession? General manager retail.

6) Name three non-Notre Dame athletes you followed growing up 1. Michael Jordan 2. Deon sanders 3. Bo jackson

7) Favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages? Tucher (beer)

*Top three favourite movies 1. Friday 2. Unusual suspects 3. Anchor man

9) Most memorable Notre Dame play. Reggie Brooks knock out run vs Meat chicken

10) Most prized possession. 1st addition Michael Jordan collector plates.

1) Last book you read? A train book to my kids.

ย 

2) Pick your favourite meal. Steak, Dungeness crab, baked potato, corn.

ย 

3) Is your car dirty or clean inside? My work truck is dirty. Family rig clean.

ย 

4) Three words your best friend would use to describe you. Passionate, loyal, smartass

ย 

5) What is your profession? Property management

ย 

6) Name three non-Notre Dame athletes you followed growing up. Wade Boggs, Bo Jackson, Mike Tyson

ย 

7) Favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. New castle brown, rum coke, water

8) Top three favourite movies. Dazed and confused, pulp fiction, fortress, the old one

9) Most memorable Notre Dame play. Pat Terrell 1988 vs Miami

ย 

10) Most prized possession. Probably a old seat from the stadium renovation. Or my game used Trevor laws cleats from his last 4 games at ND. The ND grass from the bottom of those cleats will always be real grass.

1) Last book you read? A Shattered Peace, David Andelman

ย 

2) Pick your favourite meal. Houston's finest: Pizzatola's Barbeque brisket and ribs

ย 

3) Is your car dirty or clean inside? Clean

ย 

4) Three words your best friend would use to describe you... Honest, calm, fun

ย 

5) What is your profession? Commodity trader

ย 

6) Name three non-Notre Dame athletes you followed growing up. Ron Santo, Dick Butkus, Jerry Sloan

ย 

7) Favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Beefeater martini, whole milk

ย 

8) Top three favourite movies. The Sting, Casablanca, Lonesome Dove

ย 

9) Most memorable Notre Dame play. Samardzija reception and run to beat UCLA

ย 

10) Most prized possession. Remington "Coming Through the Rye" bronze

1) Last book you read?

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy

ย 

Tough one, so many possibilities. A good steak, beef roast, chili tacos, BBQ chicken...

ย 

I ride dirty

ย 

Not really sure

ย 

Police Officer

ย 

Royce Alger, Chuck Long, Ozzie Smith

ย 

Guinness or strawberry margaritas, milk

ย 

Soooo difficult to pick because I love so many

Blazing Saddles

Ghostbusters

Animal House

Field of Dreams(ending makes me tear up every time)

ย 

Probably any of these: Pat Terrell deflecting the 2pt try against Miami, the phantom clip on Rocket's return against Colorado, or the Stanford goal line stand in '12.

ย 

As a far a material possessions, I don't really know. I guess I don't place too much emphasis on my stuff, nor do I have much of anything valuable. Cherish my friends and family a lot more.

I've always said my life goal was to end up on the notable alumni section of my hs & college's Wikipedia page.In general what makes me tick, success. I am a very career driven guy, not for the $, but mostly knowing all the time, effort, and emotion you put into something generating quantifiable value to the company. I am not the type to drive a luxury car or own a big house (though unnecessary as single person). Not that I believe in living like a monk, but I could never be someone who blows millions of $ on a birthday party for myself, though I'd love to be a CEO one day. I'll never understand people who are satisfied without advancing in their careers, just showing up for a paycheck.

ย 

I do wish I had more time to volunteer and work with charities. At the end of the day, I want to look book and know I did something that mattered, that left an impression on the world. I know some people feel that way about their kids/grandkids, and that's understandable, but for me I want something different to leave behind.