Stadium Attendance

Found an interesting article about the decrease in student attendance at Michigan home games. We have debated many things that would improve the game day experience at Notre Dame. Hopefully Jenkins and Swarbrick will see this article.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201406/college-football-fan-stadium-students-business-tv-ncaa-michigan-tickets

Edited by VCDomer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read. College football is unique because of the atmosphere, marching bands, rituals, cheers, etc. I'm torn...the main two reasons I will NOT go into an ND game this year besides Stanford game (my cuz is Kevin Hogan so i'm def going for that) is because of ticket price and lack of jumbotron. Ticket prices have gotten too high. And the NBC game stoppages are annoying without jumbotron action...I want to see replays and video of historic ND footage. All of that I can see at home in HD for free. With that said I was all for the music to pump up the crowd but now i kinda hate it. Lower ticket prices to $50/60 for nose bleeds and add a jumbotron and I'll go to games again.

Great read. College football is unique because of the atmosphere, marching bands, rituals, cheers, etc. I'm torn...the main two reasons I will NOT go into an ND game this year besides Stanford game (my cuz is Kevin Hogan so i'm def going for that) is because of ticket price and lack of jumbotron. Ticket prices have gotten too high. And the NBC game stoppages are annoying without jumbotron action...I want to see replays and video of historic ND footage. All of that I can see at home in HD for free. With that said I was all for the music to pump up the crowd but now i kinda hate it. Lower ticket prices to $50/60 for nose bleeds and add a jumbotron and I'll go to games again.

Yup. Gameday at Notre Dame stadium is boring and not worth the price of admission.

I moved to the Raleigh area about 4 years ago. I'm pumped that ND will be playing ACC teams locally. Gives me a chance to go experience different stadiums and traditions.

I love ND Stadium any given Saturday, but with the price of admission, questionable weather, long drawn out games due to TV timeouts, Quiet crowds and the opportunity to experience something new, I'll opt for the game in an ACC venue.

Saddened by the fact that my kids will never know ND football the way I did. I used to feel that the stadium was "intimate" when only 59,075 were in it. Now, not so much.

I moved to the Raleigh area about 4 years ago. I'm pumped that ND will be playing ACC teams locally. Gives me a chance to go experience different stadiums and traditions.

I love ND Stadium any given Saturday, but with the price of admission, questionable weather, long drawn out games due to TV timeouts, Quiet crowds and the opportunity to experience something new, I'll opt for the game in an ACC venue.

Saddened by the fact that my kids will never know ND football the way I did. I used to feel that the stadium was "intimate" when only 59,075 were in it. Now, not so much.

those notre dane road games will be on ESPN so you will still have TV timeouts.

and teach your kids about the tradtion of the university and the growth of the team as times change. no reason to be sad about it. and could you imagine ticket prices of seating was still 59,075?????

teach them how Rockne's passion for change hepled define the university's football team forever.

I'm moving to Raleigh in September.....can't wait.

I'm moving to Raleigh in September.....can't wait.

I was watching Olbermann last night and they were talking about how 'Melo is putting a lot more into his decision than basketball.. He said he was also focused on his kids and the community where they'll grow up. They mentioned Ogden, Utah and Raleigh, NC as 2 of the best cities to raise a family in America.. I had no idea.

I was watching Olbermann last night and they were talking about how 'Melo is putting a lot more into his decision than basketball.. He said he was also focused on his kids and the community where they'll grow up. They mentioned Ogden, Utah and Raleigh, NC as 2 of the best cities to raise a family in America.. I had no idea.

The amount of smug douchey-ness that radiates from Keith Olbermann makes me want to slap him so hard.

It's also tops for best city to lose your family because you banged a college chick...

Explain please. I'm not up on this type of stuff and you, my good man, have piqued my interest.

Awesome bars with amazing beer selection

+

Several universities with amazing-looking girls

=

Me with a stabbed face

It's also tops for best city to lose your family because you banged a college chick...

Neighbor's 21 year old daughter and her friend ran into a current, high profile NBA free agent a few years ago in a hotel bar in Denver. According to her, after a few minutes of innocent chit chat, he slid his hotel key across the table and said something like "you two know the drill, go upstairs, get naked and wait for me. I'll be up in a little bit". Insulted (since hooking up with him was not their intent or desire), the girl and her friend got up and left (without said hotel key).

Note that this current NBA free agent was married with at least one kid at the time. As a result, I can see why Raleigh might appeal to him.

Neighbor's 21 year old daughter and her friend ran into a current, high profile NBA free agent a few years ago in a hotel bar in Denver. According to her, after a few minutes of innocent chit chat, he slid his hotel key across the table and said something like "you two know the drill, go upstairs, get naked and wait for me. I'll be up in a little bit". Insulted (since hooking up with him was not their intent or desire), the girl and her friend got up and left (without said hotel key).

Note that this current NBA free agent was married with at least one kid at the time. As a result, I can see why Raleigh might appeal to him.

Hahahaha he just became my hero.

Hahahaha he just became my hero.

It was a bar and I know I have a tendency to misunderstand when it's loud. He probably said, "I know its silly, but you have nice hair. I drink Naked drinks and it's great for me. I gotta get up in a little bit."