Ukraine

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Putin's sactions on 9 Americans:

- While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer, I am honored to be on this list" - Republican Senator Dan Coats of Indiana

- And some officials expressed mock outrage at being left off the list. Here’s Michael Mershon, spokesman for Rep. Jim McGovern, D.-Mass., a frequent and fierce critic of Russia: This is an outrageous snub. Hopefully he was at least "on the bubble"

Let's not blow things outta proportion. Russia is a powerful country but no one's racing to switch oil trading from the dollar to the ruble. America is not in for hard times. In fact if the stock market freaks out and falls due to the "crisis" I'll be taking my cash position and buying as much stock as possible just like Warren Buffett recommends. Obama is not bending over and taking it. He's being smart and not creating Vietnam war 2.0. What's Obama supposed to do? Launch a massive military offensive protecting a worthless piece of land while throwing america deeper in debt? Keep up with sanctions as much as possible. If that doesn't work then just say oh well and move on. we've got bigger fish to fry.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but how can you possibly claim Russia is not waging war on the Petrodollar? What are you basing this statement on?

The truth is, I never claimed military intervention. Actually, I neglected to go so far as to say 99% of what I would like to say because I know what it will turn into on this site, but the truth is, Russian and China are engaged in an economic war with the United States and have been for some time. This isn't a mystery or theory. The Crimea situation is another brick in that wall, yet an escalation few believed they would actually engage in.

America is NOT in for hard times? lmfao. We just came out of one of the WORST economic times in history and some believe Russia and China helped cause it. Many economists believe we are on the verge of total economic collapse, and that was BEFORE this crisis fired up. In case you missed it, Russia and China own us.

If that doesn't work, just say oh well? That's where you lost me. What sense does your comment make, and what bigger fish are you alluding to?

Edited by indyirishdad

I'm not trying to argue with you, but how can you possibly claim Russia is not waging war on the Petrodollar? What are you basing this statement on?

They may be trying to hurt the US Dollar. But investors are smart and invest in freedom and democracy over a more corrupt KGB-led country. Hence why the USD is the currency oil is traded with...not rubles. Russia can dump US Treasuries all they want but their main economy is oil exports which is traded in USD so i'm not worried about what they're doing at all.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/20/did-russia-just-dump-a-huge-amount-of-u-s-government-bonds.html

I read the first article you posted....fine. If you want to link the Ukraine issue to "This is a big as it gets and extremely dangerous" and "America is in for hard times" then fine. We did have the one of the worst recessions of all time. We recovered. We had the dot com boom and bust several years before that. We recovered. And we will likely have another one or two major recessions in our lifetime. This has more to do with cycles and human nature than anything Russia is doing. I'll always side with the free democratic countries like US, England, Germany etc that are all placing sanctions on Russia than on the other side. I'm getting the sense you have a doomsday bunker in your back yard with the sensationalist talk.

Back to Ukraine. It's a pretty worthless country. Its bankrupt and not a major player. Russia can take over Belarus, Romania and Kazakhstan for all I care. None of these will send US into a tailspin. If they invade Germany, Italy, France then that's a diff story. We have bigger fish to fry meaning we have a national deficit to worry about and trying to end two extremely costly wars in two other worthless countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm getting the sense you have a doomsday bunker in your back yard with the sensationalist talk.

Back to Ukraine. It's a pretty worthless country. Its bankrupt and not a major player. Russia can take over Belarus, Romania and Kazakhstan for all I care. None of these will send US into a tailspin. If they invade Germany, Italy, France then that's a diff story. We have bigger fish to fry meaning we have a national deficit to worry about and trying to end two extremely costly wars in two other worthless countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

:) No, I am not a prepper. Heck, I don't even like the show. However, I am also not a person who sits comfortably in front of the blue glow of my television, immune to reality, naïve to believe America is the gosh darn best, refusing to acknowledge the trouble all around me as long as I can get into my Fusion and drive to Walmart for my next unnecessary materialistic gizmo. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :grin:

Back to Ukraine. Don't you think it's a bit harsh to say Ukraine is worthless and therefore we should forget about it? Have you ever considered your attitude? Do you think it is acceptable as a citizen of such a worthwhile country to treat "worthless" countries less favorably?

It's ironic, isn't it that you would make such claims being a citizen of a country who never forgets the worthless. I wonder where you got that idea.

Edit: I read your article too. I considered it and believe it makes a LOT of sense. I hope it is closer to what our future holds than everything else I have read. I hope this for the sake of my children.

Edited by indyirishdad

:) No, I am not a prepper. Heck, I don't even like the show. However, I am also not a person who sits comfortably in front of the blue glow of my television, immune to reality, naïve to believe America is the gosh darn best, refusing to acknowledge the trouble all around me as long as I can get into my Fusion and drive to Walmart for my next unnecessary materialistic gizmo. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :grin:

Back to Ukraine. Don't you think it's a bit harsh to say Ukraine is worthless and therefore we should forget about it? Have you ever considered your attitude? Do you think it is acceptable as a citizen of such a worthwhile country to treat "worthless" countries less favorably?

It's ironic, isn't it that you would make such claims being a citizen of a country who never forgets the worthless. I wonder where you got that idea.

Edit: I read your article too. I considered it and believe it makes a LOT of sense. I hope it is closer to what our future holds than everything else I have read. I hope this for the sake of my children.

Does it hurt when your tongue is planted so firmly in the side of your cheek?

Actually it was.

Surprise!! Your perception of everything discussed on this board is either fanatical, stupid, inferior, retarded, laughable, etc.

Prince VCDomer, we are all unworthy of your greatness. ;)

Because we BOTH know you are incapable of explaining what part was humorous, I won't ask. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Surprise!! Your perception of everything discussed on this board is either fanatical, stupid, inferior, retarded, laughable, etc.

Prince VCDomer, we are all unworthy of your greatness. ;)

Because we BOTH know you are incapable of explaining what part was humorous, I won't ask. :censored: :censored: :censored:

See... you do it again. You are cracking me up. It's like staring into the fire for me and tossing a little fuel on it.

Wow, this site is so much fun lately. Guys like Oklahoma get blasted from guys like Echo, and it's totally acceptable. Literally, nobody is immune to these people who find it necessary to continually sling mud and look down their pompous noses at everybody. And who are these people ruining this once fine site? Give me a FUING BREAK.

Domerdomain now officially sucks. Adios bitches.

See... you do it again. You are cracking me up. It's like staring into the fire for me and tossing a little fuel on it.

Hey, pussy. You're a tool. Get it? Nobody was talking to you. Nobody asked you to step in and show your undeserved arrogance. Go F yourself.

Hey, pussy. You're a tool. Get it? Nobody was talking to you. Nobody asked you to step in and show your undeserved arrogance. Go F yourself.

ewwwww..... I love getting told off by pompous internet bullies. Thank you for making my day.

Wow, this site is so much fun lately. Guys like Oklahoma get blasted from guys like Echo, and it's totally acceptable. Literally, nobody is immune to these people who find it necessary to continually sling mud and look down their pompous noses at everybody. And who are these people ruining this once fine site? Give me a FUING BREAK.

Domerdomain now officially sucks. Adios bitches.

Hello pot .... this is kettle

ewwwww..... I love getting told off by pompous internet bullies. Thank you for making my day.

I don't know many guys in their forties who use poop mouth like that. I wish people here could just interact with each other without the insults. I hate to see posters get argumentative.

I don't know many guys in their forties who use poop mouth like that. I wish people here could just interact with each other without the insults. I hate to see posters get argumentative.

You didn't like PT and my back and forth last night? I'm hurt.:razz:

Europe is vulnerable Bc they let their leaders decide to base their energy off of "green ideas" which are governed by the weather. Great idea! Nothing like being dependent on the very country who would like to blast you. Oh, here's a great idea! Let's fund our demise!