The Walking Dead

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That show jumped the shark for me a few seasons ago. It's almost like they ran out of ideas. I'll still watch it on re-run, but no way in hell would I ever choose to watch that over True Detective right now when they are on head to head.

That show jumped the shark for me a few seasons ago. It's almost like they ran out of ideas. I'll still watch it on re-run, but no way in hell would I ever choose to watch that over True Detective right now when they are on head to head.

I like Walking Dead a lot but True Detective might be the best show I've ever seen. The acting is so incredible

Don't know anyone watches it but if you do let me ask you this question. Is it almost unbearable to watch since it's return?

1000000% agree! I thought season 2 was phenomenal but like Parseghian's Theorem, I am a little annoyed about jumping back and forth between the surviving members of the group.

1000000% agree! I thought season 2 was phenomenal but like Parseghian's Theorem, I am a little annoyed about jumping back and forth between the surviving members of the group.

I have been a loyal viewer since the beginning... and I have to agree as well. I am hoping that they are in the middle of developing a new story line for the next couple of seasons. Sooon! This is just getting to be incredibly boring now. I did like the introduction of the para military group with the actor from Southland, Michael Cudlitz

Edited by VCDomer

Not sure when Matthew McConaughey became a great actor, but he freaking unreal in that show.

He's always been a great actor but took a lot of ****** roles. I thought he was fantastic as far back as '96 in A Time to Kill.

We're definitely in a McConaissance though. He's got Interstellar coming out this year, directed by Christopher Nolan.

I watch the Walking Dead. This season is annoying but there are some good parts. I hope Carl gets the axe this season, I'm so tired of his Im a big boy now. The addition of Michael Cudlitz, who was also in Band of Brother's is exciting. I think his character was in the comic book. True Detective is a great show but did start out kind of slow. If any of you guys haven't watched House of Cards yet do yourself a favor and do it, probably my new favorite. I blew through the first two seasons on Netflix.

I think the show suffers from a certain repetitiveness that is going to be hard to escape from. The show (since season 2) has basically revolved around the group finding a safe place to live, before being chased away from their sanctuary by the living or living dead, where they will then locate another safe haven until it too is compromised by the living, living dead or both. My fear is that even if the group reunites and joins new characters in a safe place, they will get betrayed or overrun and be right back where we started in season 5.

I watch the Walking Dead. This season is annoying but there are some good parts. I hope Carl gets the axe this season, I'm so tired of his Im a big boy now. The addition of Michael Cudlitz, who was also in Band of Brother's is exciting. I think his character was in the comic book. True Detective is a great show but did start out kind of slow. If any of you guys haven't watched House of Cards yet do yourself a favor and do it, probably my new favorite. I blew through the first two seasons on Netflix.

I have heard quite a bit about this show. I need to check it out.

I think the show suffers from a certain repetitiveness that is going to be hard to escape from. The show (since season 2) has basically revolved around the group finding a safe place to live, before being chased away from their sanctuary by the living or living dead, where they will then locate another safe haven until it too is compromised by the living, living dead or both. My fear is that even if the group reunites and joins new characters in a safe place, they will get betrayed or overrun and be right back where we started in season 5.

I agree. I stopped caring after season 3. How many walkers can a person take.

I'm going to check out True Detective, but I still find joy in Shameless and can't wait for Game of Thrones to come back on. I long for the Imp. House of Cards is pretty good if you like weird. Oh, and Breaking Bad is still the king. I hated to see it end.

Edited by indyirishdad

I like Walking Dead a lot but True Detective might be the best show I've ever seen. The acting is so incredible

Great show, we're on episode five. I like that seasons are going to be single stories then moving on...

I highly recommend downloading Broadchurch if you haven't seen it...riveting...

Great show, we're on episode five. I like that seasons are going to be single stories then moving on...

I highly recommend downloading Broadchurch if you haven't seen it...riveting...

I've heard hinting that each season might connect to common threads, ultimately leading to a grand conspiracy

I've heard hinting that each season might connect to common threads, ultimately leading to a grand conspiracy

The wife and I did a marathon last night after reading about True Detectives here. All seven episodes. (YAWN) We loved it!

One show remains for the current season. I really hope they wrap this season up if they plan on moving on to another story in season two. I am a bit confused on how they plan to accomplish this with so much left undone. I also heard Mcconaughey will not return for season two. I love the idea of the Grand Conspiracy but I wonder how they will work around the departure of Rust?

I think you have to suspend reality for every TV show. I think there is so much more you can do with this show. You can always add new people for a different dynamic, kill them off it they don't fit in. Any character can be offed so it can stay fresh.

I think the real problem is too many episodes. Season 1 was just six shows long. Now they do like 16. Great for ad revenue and these episodes with only a few characters at a time and a handful of walkers cut cost.

I'm starting FF through these last episodes.