another obama vacation wtf

What is your challenge with the statement?

If you're asking me, I have none.

Having the ability to "read between the lines", I disagree with Snopes that Gore stated this clumsily.

I believe it to be a factual statement.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The term "Initiative" can be tough to grasp, especially in this context where it encompasses so much.

Going back to the 70s, he took every initiative to promote the idea of high speed

telecommunications as an engine for economic growth and the

improvement of our educational system.

With help from the Reagan and Bush 1 administrations, Gore secured

the passage of the High Performance Computing and Communications Act in

When I first heard people claiming that Gore suggested that he invented the internet, I was really skeptical. When I looked into the actual comment, it was obvious that he was saying he was instrumental in facilitating the growth of the internet. It is beyond reason that anyone could interpret it otherwise in my mind.

Right wingers make the claim as almost a term of endearment. They look at each other and instead of saying your place or mine, they say "Gore invented the internet".

It is unbelievable that even today it is still part of the politically correct lexicon of the right wing. I use it as a litmus test. If someone says it there is no way you can get any facts into their head. They are read memory only.

Edited by REMND

Obviously nobody actually believes Al Gore actually invented the internet. That is why it so funny and relevant to repeat his statement. It is the fact that he made the statement to begin with which proved he had a higher opinion of his significance and importance to US history and politics than the rest of the nation did and pretty much sealed his fate as a politician and turned him into a clown figure in much the same way that another infamous Democrat, Howard Dean, did during the 2004 Presidential campaign.

It is about the Democrats trying to change the truth after the facts and actually expecting American citizens to believe them. Ref: Benghazi cover-up, IRS targeting groups opposing Barry and the Dems, the subpoena of AP records, the cost of Obamacare, the real cost and recipients of the stimulus package, etc, etc, etc.....

Were you alive between the years 2000-2008, lol!

Good laughs Rocket, thanks.

Again, objective evidence vs personal attacks....

The thread title and all posts are in relation to the Dems so I didn't mention the Repubs. Of course we all know how all politicians like to change the truth from the moment their mouths start moving. Pachyderms and Asses alike are all guilty of this....

Again' date=' [b']objective[/b] evidence vs personal attacks....

The thread title and all posts are in relation to the Dems so I didn't mention the Repubs. Of course we all know how all politicians like to change the truth from the moment their mouths start moving. Pachyderms and Asses alike are all guilty of this....

Not sure where you got the personal attack(An example would be if I called you a clown). I was honestly thanking you for a laugh.

Edited by Scotty88