walking dead fans?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic show IMO! Been hooked on it since the get go. Unfortunately with my new shift Sun-Wed nights, I'm missing the new episodes for the second half of this season. Oh well I'll just wait until AMC has the season 3 marathon sometime in the near future.

BTW my daughter met the two actors that play Daryl and his brother Merle at the Portland Comic Con a couple weekends ago and got pics with both of them. According to her Daryl was quite smitten with her too lol.

It's a good show, but season 1 is by far the best. Ever since then, I've really groomed a major dislike for almost every character besides Daryl.

That kid (forgot his name) that wears the cowboy hat drives me nuts...can't stand his him.

other than that a good show.

It's a good show, but season 1 is by far the best. Ever since then, I've really groomed a major dislike for almost every character besides Daryl.

The last episode, was a bottle episode, and should help to build some depth to the characters. Especially Michone and Carl. Rick looked into what he could become if he didn't check himself when they met up with Morgan. That should help snap Rick back from some of his crazytown craziness.

As an avid reader of the comic since 2004, I certainly have some mixed feelings about the show. The CDC thing in the first episode really cheesed me off for one. They screwed the pooch with Shane. Andrea's character is completely different and utterly unlikable. The comic had them at the farm for a couple of chapters, the show it was an entire season...Not to mention Maggie and Glen eventually adopts Sophia because she hasn't died yet. There is a lot of brutal stuff that was left out. . Carl as the one who ices Shane and ices Ben.(an Atlanta survivor who murdered his twin brother) Woodberry was VERY different...

Things I like about the TV show in comparison to the comic? Daryl. He doesn't exist in the comic and his character is fan-fucking-tastic.

This. Season 1 was the best. The characters get on your nerves more and more as you go and the acting in my opinion is pretty bad overall.

It's a plot driven show. If you like zombies you'll enjoy it. I just don't see how people can call this the best show on TV when there are countless others that are much more enjoyable. See: Breaking Bad.

If anyone wants it...I can supply you with a digital copy of all 107(108 comes out on the 13th) of the comic. They are pretty fantastic...

http://i.imgur.com/jLvhVE2.jpg

That would be amazing, dude. :grin: I've read a bit of the comics and they're pretty B.A.

The last episode, was a bottle episode, and should help to build some depth to the characters. Especially Michone and Carl. Rick looked into what he could become if he didn't check himself when they met up with Morgan. That should help snap Rick back from some of his crazytown craziness.

As an avid reader of the comic since 2004, I certainly have some mixed feelings about the show. The CDC thing in the first episode really cheesed me off for one. They screwed the pooch with Shane. Andrea's character is completely different and utterly unlikable. The comic had them at the farm for a couple of chapters, the show it was an entire season...Not to mention Maggie and Glen eventually adopts Sophia because she hasn't died yet. There is a lot of brutal stuff that was left out. . Carl as the one who ices Shane and ices Ben.(an Atlanta survivor who murdered his twin brother) Woodberry was VERY different...

Things I like about the TV show in comparison to the comic? Daryl. He doesn't exist in the comic and his character is fan-fucking-tastic.

My daughter got me the first two graphic novels of the series at Christmas. I've also done a bit of Wiki on the comic and it is very different from the show in many respects. Still I really love the show, and the comic from what I've read thus far. Daryl is badass too and is my favorite character.

This. Season 1 was the best. The characters get on your nerves more and more as you go and the acting in my opinion is pretty bad overall.

It's a plot driven show. If you like zombies you'll enjoy it. I just don't see how people can call this the best show on TV when there are countless others that are much more enjoyable. See: Breaking Bad.

Says the guy with the pro wrestler icon...;).

Thanks for the spoiler alerts...

I like the show a ton but not as much as Breaking Bad. Andrea and Carl make me crazy in Walking, I especially dislike Andrea. Merle is really starting to grow on but I don't see him sticking around much longer.

AMC has really started to make some very good TV series.

I like the show a ton but not as much as Breaking Bad. Andrea and Carl make me crazy in Walking, I especially dislike Andrea. Merle is really starting to grow on but I don't see him sticking around much longer.

AMC has really started to make some very good TV series.

Don't forget about Mad Men. Also quite exceptional.

The thing you have to remember about Carl is the kid is only 12 years old and is living out the zombie Apocalypse. His character has come a long way from season 2. Andrea though? No excuse. If it wasn't for the fact that every character on HBO's Girl's is absolutely miserable, Andrea would be my most despised character on TV.