158,000 jobs added in October

Scotty88

http://t.news.msn.com/us/confidence-up-as-jobs-climb-unemployment-dips

Companies added 158,000 jobs in October, data from a payrolls processor showed on Thursday in a revamped report on the private sector labor market. Economists had forecast October's report would show a gain of 135,000 jobs, according to a Reuters poll.

Also, Americans' confidence in the economy surged last month to the highest level in nearly five years, as many were encouraged by an improving job market.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 9,000 to a seasonally adjusted 363,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That was below the median forecast in a Reuters poll of 370,000.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presidents own job council endorses Romney lol... How many layoffs is the administration telling to hold off till after the election. Straight criminal. This recovery is still anemic even after all this time. Pathetic. Spin the numbers any way you want, your boy sucks.

Presidents own job council endorses Romney lol... How many layoffs is the administration telling to hold off till after the election. Straight criminal. This recovery is still anemic even after all this time. Pathetic. Spin the numbers any way you want, your boy sucks.

Sources not provided because they don't exist.

I could say that Romney only wants to be the POTUS to advance his personal wealth. He doesn't care about the welfare of America.

I can back up my statement with as many sources as you. Must be legit, then.

Sources not provided because they don't exist.

I could say that Romney only wants to be the POTUS to advance his personal wealth. He doesn't care about the welfare of America.

I can back up my statement with as many sources as you. Must be legit, then.

Google or bing brings it up:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-otellini-jobs-council/2012/11/01/id/462424

How many of those were part time seasonal jobs? Employment levels are cyclical and we're entering the time of year that full time positions decline while part timers increase. I personally know someone that's been looking for months and the only thing he could land is a seasonal job at a national auto parts retailer, 10-15 hours a week.

That number is barely enough to outpace population growth and even so, quantity doesn't mean quality.

...I was talking about this statement:

How many layoffs is the administration telling to hold off till after the election. Straight criminal. This recovery is still anemic even after all this time. Pathetic. Spin the numbers any way you want, your boy sucks.

You are spinning the numbers by claiming the recovery isn't happening and that the reported numbers are false. Provide a source or don't spew your speculation as if it is fact.

How many of those were part time seasonal jobs? Employment levels are cyclical and we're entering the time of year that full time positions decline while part timers increase. I personally know someone that's been looking for months and the only thing he could land is a seasonal job at a national auto parts retailer, 10-15 hours a week.

That number is barely enough to outpace population growth and even so, quantity doesn't mean quality.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/01/news/economy/wages-jobs/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Higher-income jobs are seeing a boost. The reported increase in jobs is about 30,000 more than expected. That more than accounts for the seasonal increase in jobs.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/01/news/economy/wages-jobs/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Higher-income jobs are seeing a boost. The reported increase in jobs is about 30,000 more than expected. That more than accounts for the seasonal increase in jobs.

That's fewer than half of the 4.3 million jobs "created" in three specific high wage sectors. Also, that report only goes back to 2010, not 2009, the start of the current administration. Include 2009 and the 4.3 million claim drops precipitously because layoffs continued well after the "end" of the recession was declared and pales in comparison to the number of people who lost jobs since the beginning of said recession.

Non-seasonally adjusted numbers from the establishment survey data shows current total private employment at 2005 levels, more than 3 million off the 2007 peak.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/CEU0500000001?cid=32306

I still can't believe that our Ambassador was alerting the State Dept a month in advance, the highest levels of the Pentagon watched the murder in real time, we had laser sight on the attack, our Delta Force agent gave his life for the Ambassador, and the regime blamed a video for two weeks for the attack.

Wake up America and seek the truth.

I still can't believe that our Ambassador was alerting the State Dept a month in advance, the highest levels of the Pentagon watched the murder in real time, we had laser sight on the attack, our Delta Force agent gave his life for the Ambassador, and the regime blamed a video for two weeks for the attack.

But GM is alive and in the safe hands of the UAW and Federal Government...

Real talk. Makes me not want to re enlist. Warrior ethos "I will never leave a fallen comrade behind", well he is the commander and chief and hung those brave boys out to dry. How they could sit and watch the attack for seven hours is beyond me. It's outrageous, it's criminal, and I want heads to roll for this. It sickens me

The current unemployement rate is just below 8% which equals 28 million people out of work. 158' date='000 jobs is like pissing in the ocean. At that rate it will take Obama 20 years to get people back to work. I don;t think we ahve that much time.[/quote']

Or, ya know, maybe instead of 20 years, all it takes is a bipartisan effort where our elected leaders work together, negotiate, and compromise. I guess that's a bit of a pipe dream, though.

Or, ya know, maybe instead of 20 years, all it takes is a bipartisan effort where our elected leaders work together, negotiate, and compromise. I guess that's a bit of a pipe dream, though.

For compromise to happen the far-right would have to do their jobs instead of trying to discredit our President.

First it was birth-certificate, then college transcripts, now they are insisting he has a different father.....but no mention of Mitt's tax returns. The only consistencies are that no President has been called to prove his legitimacy like President Obama and no candidate has been able to run for office w/out providing tax returns like Romney.

Put these two side by side and what strikes you as the difference? Its pretty apparent where this hate comes from.

For compromise to happen the far-right would have to do their jobs instead of trying to discredit our President.

First it was birth-certificate, then college transcripts, now they are insisting he has a different father.....but no mention of Mitt's tax returns. The only consistencies are that no President has been called to prove his legitimacy like President Obama and no candidate has been able to run for office w/out providing tax returns like Romney.

Put these two side by side and what strikes you as the difference? Its pretty apparent where this hate comes from.

I agree. When you have politicians like Mitch McConnell proclaiming that the most important thing to Republicans is to make Obama a one-term President, something is wrong. Priority #1 needs to be improving the country, not getting votes to your party.

Or maybe one party doesn't want to compromise because they don't believe America needs to be "fundamentally transformed". Obama is sure good at reaching across the isle though.... Yep! Paul Ryan's one budget had more bipartisan support than anything the president has done.