sandy is a slut

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it seems the worst has passed.......i made into work with about 15 detours.......i will be without electricity for days......it looks like someone came through with a chainsaw and just hacked away without regard.....my front porch is pretty much gone.......trees everywhere.....wires down everywhere......i thought the house was gonna implode last night......had to take the kids to the basement to sleep for fear that the windows would shatter over them.......i can't remember being that scared before.......god bless people who have lived through hurricanes and tornados that make this pale in comparison......i couldn't imagine what that must be like.........

well, it seems the worst has passed.......i made into work with about 15 detours.......i will be without electricity for days......it looks like someone came through with a chainsaw and just hacked away without regard.....my front porch is pretty much gone.......trees everywhere.....wires down everywhere......i thought the house was gonna implode last night......had to take the kids to the basement to sleep for fear that the windows would shatter over them.......i can't remember being that scared before.......god bless people who have lived through hurricanes and tornados that make this pale in comparison......i couldn't imagine what that must be like.........

Yikes, Schell...

Embarrassed to say our Halloween decorations took the brunt of it. We didn't get the crazy wind just a lot of rain...

Massive amounts of damage here on Long Island. Homes just floating away. Full moon, high tide and the storm caused waves over 30 ft. Millions without power. The winds were incredible. Looks like I will be having some house guests since we have power. This could have been much worse... Long Island and Manhattan were as prepared as you could be including caring for pets.