Where does Peyton Manning wind up?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

miami makes some sense in that he can avoid state taxes and the team needs him, but does he want to play in the AFC east?

The Texans are a possiblity with an indoor facility, same weak division, and again, no state taxes.

People keep mentioning KC, another team in need, weak division. Jets dont make much sense to me...

I've heard strong rumors about Kansas City and I've heard that the Jets might go after him strongly as well because a corespondent, a coach, etc that Peyton worked with before is with them. I sure wouldn't rule out Houston or Miami though. Minnesota I highly doubt it but then again you never say never. It will be interesting for sure but whatever GO BEARS!

Manning thinks he will be able to play. Personally, ai would never release him to play again. I think it would be better to retire and enjoy your family and all that money than it would be to be in a situation where you can't use your arms.

Personal issue on Manning or just because he is really good?

I never liked him at Tennessee. He lost more big games than he won from what I can recall.

For some reason, the Heisman ceremony in '97 bothered me. It seemed, to me at least, that Manning expected and seemed shocked he didn't win it, as if he were entitled to it.

He was also in the Dolphins' division for the first 5 or so years before realignment. I had to hate him by default. Oh, and he won a ring and Marino didn't; ergo, he's a better QB . . . or so the argument goes. Marino is my favorite QB ever so I am bitter about that.

I'm not a lunatic. He's should be in the HOF 2 seconds after he retires, five year waiting period be damned.

Nobody works harder, he's a football Bobby Fischer. I get it. I have just always thought he was a douche.

If he's a Fish by week 1, it will kill me to root for him for the first 4 games or so. I'm sure I'll get over it if he has a couple of 375 yard, 3 TD games.

Manning thinks he will be able to play. Personally, ai would never release him to play again. I think it would be better to retire and enjoy your family and all that money than it would be to be in a situation where you can't use your arms.

I am with you on this one. What else does he have to prove? Why risk the injury? He would be a great analyst of commentator. Heck, I hear he is outstanding coaching young QB's along wiht his brother. I think it is time for him to spread his wings and take this as a sign from God to go out and do something else.

I forgot another reason I hate him: He has a horse's face. I have called him Horseface for years. Look at that equine's mug!

http://www.magialuna.net/secretar1.jpg

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4f576dedeab8ea173300001e/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts.jpg

I "partly" agree with your assessment of Manning-Damshabua. I've always felt like he overachieved on the field but during the big games came up a little short. However, how can you not like him. One Super Bowl, playoff wins, regular season wins, passing records etc, AMAZING comercials,(in Cleveland hotel, waiter comes in with food, don't choke on it, you're right, I should cut it up.), probably one of very few that were awesome on SNL, has the southern hospitality, and yet has the blue collar mid-west mentality, never was seen in any press clipping for bad behavior, never missed a game until last season, and made his team an automatic playoff team. If he goes to Miami, I'm sure you will forget everything you hate about him after a week 1 win. He will take that franchise back to the Mario days. However, I don't think he will win a Super Bowl with them. He needs to win now, I don't think he has a lot of years left. I think the only spot would be San Fran where he wouldn't be required to carry a franchise on his back as he did with Indy. Miami, he would have to do that.

I never liked him at Tennessee. He lost more big games than he won from what I can recall.

For some reason, the Heisman ceremony in '97 bothered me. It seemed, to me at least, that Manning expected and seemed shocked he didn't win it, as if he were entitled to it.

He was also in the Dolphins' division for the first 5 or so years before realignment. I had to hate him by default. Oh, and he won a ring and Marino didn't; ergo, he's a better QB . . . or so the argument goes. Marino is my favorite QB ever so I am bitter about that.

I'm not a lunatic. He's should be in the HOF 2 seconds after he retires, five year waiting period be damned.

Nobody works harder, he's a football Bobby Fischer. I get it. I have just always thought he was a douche.

If he's a Fish by week 1, it will kill me to root for him for the first 4 games or so. I'm sure I'll get over it if he has a couple of 375 yard, 3 TD games.

It is easier to like a guy like Manning if you remember how much of a d-bag his brother and father are.

I get the feeling that stops in Denver and now Arizona are eventually going to lead to a final stop in...Miami.

Looks like my Fish are out so I can continue to hate the Face o' Horse.

I admit I never saw Denver coming, thought AZ was a better fit.