Lance Armstrong

any cycling fans out there or anyone of interest in what's going on with lance?

more allegations have come out this week.

let me know if this is over the top for a thread.

i certainly have no proof just like the rest of you, but i lean toward the side of him being quilty. there is so much doping going on in international cyling that it is very hard to believe he was not involved.

i love the tour de france, so i hope it is not true, but...

any thoughts.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i do accept it.

i guess what i should have asked is....does anyone think he will ever get in trouble for this?

I think he's screwed. He's got one of the peskiest government investigators/prosecutors up his rear discovering and building a case against him. The price he'll pay will probably IMO be a year or so in jail, suspended down from a 5-8 year max in which he'll be on probation.

Apparently his cache of drugs made Andy Reid's house look like a starter first-aid kit. With this bulldog sniffing around and pulling financial numbers and sworn testimony (not to mention the scads of untested blood samplings that were filed away upon Armstrong's generous charitable gift to the holding company), I'd expect Lance to eventually "fold" seeing the evidence before him and try his best to win back time with good behavior--if that's still possible.

It basically all rests (his plausible deal that is) on how much money the government spends investigating this. It's up to him 'cause the government has shown that it is serious, and if he drags this on and on, it could really piss the prosecutors office off and they could deem to make an example out of him.

IMO, after reading about the case extensively, Floyd Landis is not only a disgrace to "honest" cycling (if that even exists) but he's also very credible. He's proven to be correct in every aspect of his allegation(s) regarding provable events by not only the facts but by the telling of accounts by other people involved. Every last detail on down to the phone calls that Lance placed to him, which Lance denied ever making, to the refrigeration units bought in excess to store the blood.

He's toast. It's just up to him for how long... I know the court of public opinion could weigh more in this matter to Lance's ego so he might just try to fight it...but I don't see it helping one bit, in fact, quite the contrary.

Landis really bummed me out, I was a big fan of his and his story on how he grew up and what he did to become a top notch cyclist. I am glad he finally came clean, but wish he would have done it sooner.

I do agree that he is credible and he will help bring lance down.

I have read several books on cycling and what goes on before races and inside the peleton.

Lance has always been dirty. I cycle with several people who not only have seen him dope but have doped with him. His ass is toast as mentioned above. I must state that nothing should ever be taken away from his 7 Tour wins....Everyone that posed a challenge to him was doping as well. Still, Lance is an arrogant asshole and I'm glad his time is finally coming.

Can I have some names?

No, I will not post names on a discussion board. These people are my friends. I will say that some of them have not been implicated or tested positive before but due to the way things are looking, their names may come out as well.

not prying on trying to implicate names, but do you know any big time racers yourself?

I know personally, casually(acquaintances) , and have worked with many different riders over the years.When I was a child, my grandfather introduced me to both the sport and those within it.As a teen, I did mechanic work for instance. Some of my family members have raced. I used to have substantially more contact within the community but after going into my current career, I've not been around as much. Some of the very new up and comers, I'm not acquainted with.

that is sweet, i have only been following and riding for 8 years or so and i am 41, so i got a late start in following the racers. it would be so cool to meet some of the riders and get some behind the scence sight and actions. the professional riders are impressive (doping or not) i can ride for 2-3 at a good pretty good clip when i get serious, but these guys would ride away from me with no problem. i don't think the majority people realize how hard biking is until you do it. lots of fun though.

if you can get me a george hincapi autograph that would be great. (just kidding). but if you have any cool story i would love to hear one.

I had a few buddies that rode a lot of races in high school and then in college. My neighbor rides for a pretty good team here in Indy. Half my neighborhood rides. The thing that I see from the more elite riders is that they tend to spin really high rpm's vs someone like me who relies completely on leg strength. I Ride a Specialized Roubaix Pro with Shimano Dura ace. It is a lot easier on my neck and 41 year old body. The last organized ride that I did was the Indy night ride on my 40th birthday. I flipped on Meridian Street in downtown Indy and landed in front of an SUV. I'm done with that stuff! :)

Revolver, from Goldhelmet I presume? Nobody is tearing him down, he doped. That doesn't mean that everyone else wasn't too or that he didn't deserve to win...Just that he freaking doped...Fan boy.;)

These guys are just mad because they got caught and in their mind, lance didn't.

Besides, I think anybody who has walked on the moon AND won the Tour De France deserves a break.