Lance Armstrong

just to explain some of the other vitriol to lance... the whole leave your wife who stayed with you through cancer thing... yeah... that makes me hate the cyclops a bit more too...

I hate that too.

and

i've never heard him called cyclops before, but can only guess it doesn't pertain to his forhead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love him or hate him you've got to admit that "misuse of public funds" sounds like absolute bull*&^%...Another power mad investigator in the works here...either get him for illegal use of prescription drugs or illegal drugs...or get busy on something important like internet fraud and identity theft which are both rampant...take your pick...

...of course that won't happen...what will happen is some sort of indictment, with back slaps all around, and "Lance Armstrong is trash" articles written by parasites who knew all along what was going and yet still kept right on making money off of all of those "cheaters" who they now supposedly despise. If any one person goes to jail they should all go to jail starting with the lead investigator who is now "misusing public funds" while his own country moves towards bankruptcy...hell, I'll even go to jail if it makes everyone feel better...I was enjoying the Tour for all of those years. That makes me a financial contributor, albeit indirectly, to a known criminal conspiracy. How much time is that worth your honor? And while you're thinking about that, @#$% you, too.

...yeah, I've got anger issues, and I'm at peace with that.

• 1 year later...

Most athletes dope period. When I played my short stint of college ball I learned really fast that all the guys would take Anabolics or HGH in the offseason cause there was limited testing. Then they could cycle back on HGH during season because it won't cause a positive test in urine drug testing which is the only thing done. Only blood testing can show HGH.

I know that taints sports watching for some of you. But it's a rampant widespread thing. Every body does it. Although I don't condone it... At all. I do understand some reasons for doing it. Sometimes it was either dope or get passed on the depth chart.

I just happened on this thread for the first time and had to comment. Lance was the most tested athlete in professional sports period. He was tested in the off season, he was tested during events and he NEVER ONCE tested positive,ever. The case has been dropped and should be considered closed. Any further investigations are a waste of money.

I was a competetive cyclist for over 10 years (focusing mainly on mountain biking) but also competed in road races. I have been following all of these doping scandals for close to 20 years. There is not doubt that doping has evolved and each year they try to find a new way to cheat the system. I definitely agree that there are ways to beat doping controls and many riders try to beat it. In the long run, eventually they will all get caught.

Lance raced an entire career without ever testing positive! He either did not dope or he did it better than any other cyclist we have ever seen. Being an American, I choose to support Lance for all of the good that he has done for cycling, cancer research and sticking to the French in their own race. The case is closed and we should all move past this and recognize him for the inspiration he has been to so many cyclists and cancer victims.

I just happened on this thread for the first time and had to comment. Lance was the most tested athlete in professional sports period. He was tested in the off season, he was tested during events and he NEVER ONCE tested positive,ever. The case has been dropped and should be considered closed. Any further investigations are a waste of money.

I was a competetive cyclist for over 10 years (focusing mainly on mountain biking) but also competed in road races. I have been following all of these doping scandals for close to 20 years. There is not doubt that doping has evolved and each year they try to find a new way to cheat the system. I definitely agree that there are ways to beat doping controls and many riders try to beat it. In the long run, eventually they will all get caught.

Lance raced an entire career without ever testing positive! He either did not dope or he did it better than any other cyclist we have ever seen. Being an American, I choose to support Lance for all of the good that he has done for cycling, cancer research and sticking to the French in their own race. The case is closed and we should all move past this and recognize him for the inspiration he has been to so many cyclists and cancer victims.

Good points.

i agree, although i used to love watching him ride.

also, i don't like the way everyone thinks he does so much for cancer research. he doesn't, he only gives for cancer awareness.

you mean it's just about keeping himself in the spotlight? NO! Say it ain't so!

The charges were supposedly dropped last week. You know, for all the debt this country is In, it really pisses me off that some little investigator trying to make a name for himself! It s bullshit that our tax money is being spent trying to bring down and American hero. Floyd Landis needs his ass kicked. I'd be willing to bet $50 that there isn't one rider in that Tor de France that hasn't done something at some time. Heck, just riding at altitude gives guys tremendous advantages when they ride at sea level. Even pro football guys are taking the stuff. The HGH doesn't do as much for muscle building as it does for recovery and fat loss. The downside, as Alzado found out, is that too much cause tumor growth and diabetes. Baseball players were using it to hold gains from the T. One black player saw his head grow to over an 8 hat size during his career. Again, the government has no business in sports and the regulation of drug use unless they want to get serious about importing certain drugs for our black budget programs. Why does the cop on the street have to be serious about taking this shit down if the Feds aren't! I think guys like Speedy should be issued automatic weapons and the best body armor. Why should he have to put his life on the line every day when a lot of this is perpetuated by the very government that he defends? Ok, back on topic. Lance Armstrong is a freak just Bc he survived cancer and still won! Nuf said

• 4 months later...