Good News

Anybody have any? I'm glad my drinking has ended and there aren't any loaded guns around, because after reading most of these threads I wouldn't hesitate to connect the dots.

Maybe my stock will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow on a historically bad selling day? Maybe I'll get hired to talk about sports somewhere? Or maybe tomorrow when I get on Domer Domain there will be countless threads by Hawaii? I shouldn't have taken him for granted...

I need some good news, even if it's Hawaiian. :grin:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is after being stripped of a td, having a bunch of bad calls against us, being outcoached, we we're still the Fighting Irish. We have some great talent.

In what aspect were we outcoached? So, CW took a chance at the end of the game by throwing... Alright, that's one aspect. Defense looked shaky, but I would hardly call putting up 34 points and getting screwed on two HUGE plays with Rudolph and Allen being OUTCOACHED. I mean, those plays took advantage of Michigan's idiocy. Going up top against a sorry ass secondary is not being outcoached. Golden Tate dropping balls is not being outcoached. We did a hell of a job.

The problem with Notre Dame fans is that you think no team should compete against us. No school except Notre Dame attempts to be competitive and win. They are just there and should roll over when Notre Dame walks in to their stadium. It was a tough loss that we would have won handily except for the holding call, overturning a call that was not CLEAR video evidence of Allen's heel going down, and Allen's celebration penalty. This is what means Notre Dame is back - we are getting seriously screwed by the officials.

In what aspect were we outcoached? So, CW took a chance at the end of the game by throwing... Alright, that's one aspect. Defense looked shaky, but I would hardly call putting up 34 points and getting screwed on two HUGE plays with Rudolph and Allen being OUTCOACHED. I mean, those plays took advantage of Michigan's idiocy. Going up top against a sorry ass secondary is not being outcoached. Golden Tate dropping balls is not being outcoached. We did a hell of a job.

The problem with Notre Dame fans is that you think no team should compete against us. No school except Notre Dame attempts to be competitive and win. They are just there and should roll over when Notre Dame walks in to their stadium. It was a tough loss that we would have won handily except for the holding call, overturning a call that was not CLEAR video evidence of Allen's heel going down, and Allen's celebration penalty. This is what means Notre Dame is back - we are getting seriously screwed by the officials.

I would say calling for a QB sneak or allowing it to happen was a coaching blunder. Also, does JC have eyeballs? Couldn't he see our left tackle getting manhandled and the defensive lineman staring him down? He ran right into his arms...

Sorry if you don't like the term outcoached but that's how I saw it yesterday. I think we agree on most points Irishwave so I'm not sure where you got the other idea that "no team should compete against us" and the rest of the above. What my post was about was "Good News" -- I was proud of our players and that they did put 34 pts on the board and came from behind and fought. I don't want CW's head. I want him here when we rise again. I stand behind him as an offensive coach. I think they played a great game that included mistakes and I hope they all learn from them and that includes CW! Go Irish!

I didn't get beat to death in Ann Arbor on Saturday....

You didn't get beat to death because they won the game! LOL ;)

So here's the question than.

Do you give up the win for safe passage home, or do you take the full blown beatdown and walk away with the Irish as winners?

Probably a silly question. :D

Anybody have any? I'm glad my drinking has ended and there aren't any loaded guns around, because after reading most of these threads I wouldn't hesitate to connect the dots.

Maybe my stock will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow on a historically bad selling day? Maybe I'll get hired to talk about sports somewhere? Or maybe tomorrow when I get on Domer Domain there will be countless threads by Hawaii? I shouldn't have taken him for granted...

I need some good news, even if it's Hawaiian. :grin:

My wife and I finally found out Friday that her lump was benign. Saturday's game just didn't seem that big-of-a-deal.