ND Advances To CCHA Championship

What a fun game to watch if you're not normally a hockey fan such as myself. Northern Michigan tied it all up 1-1 with only three minutes left of the final period, when ND's Ben Ryan scored off of a deflection seconds later to ice NMU, 2-1. Credit Ryan Thang with the assist.

On a side note, it looked like NMU passed the puck better and generally had better stick skills but what do I know?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Same here Don, I am still learning the game and depend on IrishRick for interpretation. I find it less boring the Base or Basketball.

Great game. NMU actually tied it up with 1:11 left in the third with the goalie pulled!! Then we won it with under a minute left. Unreal. Tonight we play Michigan for the championship at 730p. We're going to have to play better offensively to beat them. During the season we split the series with them. This one will be a battle. Jordan Pearce (our goalie) is an animal. For the record, the NMU goal to tie it up was a complete fluke off of a defenders shin pad. Without it, Jordan would have had his 3 straight playoff shut out. Amazing!

Guest irishrick

finally got this computer going , as for the game , Glad the irish won , but looked like they didn't have the legs , but a win is a win , they will get tested with michigan and any hockey east team if they make it that far, hope they do, ive been rather busy taken care of the wife here the past few months, haven't had much time to watch anything, but from the videos, the irish just need to keep there legs going and they should beat the wolverines in a another hard fought game , were half way through the chemo sessions then a scan before the operation, then hope to get this all taken care of with some good help from the mighty one , then i can enjoy a upcoming very good football season , looking for a ten win season and crist to get some good snaps. go irish ..

Great game. NMU actually tied it up with 1:11 left in the third with the goalie pulled!! Then we won it with under a minute left. Unreal. Tonight we play Michigan for the championship at 730p. We're going to have to play better offensively to beat them. During the season we split the series with them. This one will be a battle. Jordan Pearce (our goalie) is an animal. For the record, the NMU goal to tie it up was a complete fluke off of a defenders shin pad. Without it, Jordan would have had his 3 straight playoff shut out. Amazing!

Michigan takes the early lead (1-0) with a lofted shot right over Pierce's head.....And Michigan scores again off a defensive deflection leading to a one on one. But the Irish have fought back and scored now to make it (1-2), with Michigan leading...Not really sure what happened but ND has scored 2 goals in twenty seconds to take the lead (3-2)...Everytime I turn it something great happens. ND scores again to make it (4-2), credit Ridderwall with the goal....

ND wins the CCHA!!!!!!!

Guest irish24

haha, see guys I told you, just let it roll. I knew these guys would come up big tonight. Offense comes up huge in the 3rd. It was getting a little frustrating with them not burying the chances in the 1st period, but with that many chances being created, I knew they would start scoring eventually. Great game for the irish, lets see who they draw in the NCAA tourney, we'll know by tomorrow night.