'24 MI QB CJ Carr [ND Verbal]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Soooo i just read on notre dame bleacher report ...in the community thread ...someone tweeted there see rumors of cj decommitting ...  they have a nephew at the same school ...   anyone else hear of anything like this?     

It won't surprise me if he decommits.  There's so so much action in NIL and the portal.  Seems pretty premature, honestly, for someone to commit a year and a half in advance.  

I'd love for him to go to ND.  Seems like he could be the real deal.  I just wonder if guys are going to stick for so long.

1 hour ago, Irish-scoop said:

Soooo i just read on notre dame bleacher report ...in the community thread ...someone tweeted there see rumors of cj decommitting ...  they have a nephew at the same school ...   anyone else hear of anything like this?     

Eh…bleacher report…not the most reputable…

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 1:28 AM, Big23Head said:

From the article:

ALPHA DOG: CJ CARR, QB, SALINE (MICH.), NOTRE DAME COMMIT

Carr brought his A game during elimination play and was a big reason why his team made it all the way to the event’s final. The nation’s No. 5-ranked quarterback flashed a live arm and completed multiple one-play drives as he looked off coverage and then dropped the ball right into the basket of his wide receivers, who would then stroll into the end zone for an easy six points. Carr has impressed us with his delivery and touch in the past, but it was even more encouraging to see him in the open field as a runner. Yes, you read that right. OT7 allows not only for defenses to blitz, but also for quarterbacks to scramble in certain situations, and Carr was able to pick up some first downs with his legs. Obviously, the rules called for two-hand touch, but Carr was still able to show that he’s more than just some pocket passer and that he can create or work off script, if needed. Carr, who is the grandson of Michigan great Lloyd Carr, has completed just over 66 percent of his passes in 21 career starts on Friday nights. 

247SPORTS.COM

Notre Dame commit CJ Carr and others impressed over the weekend.

• Heart 1