2023 Recruit Visits

47 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

Why wouldn’t you want your official to be at a big game?  I’m surprised there are so many officials in the offseason 

preference for visits in summer is probably coming from schools. Recruits can still unofficially visit for a big game. However, since schools can do more for you during an official visit in terms of entertainment, etc. might be tougher to do that during a game weekend especially if recruits have Friday night games. Also, since both parents' travel is paid for on an official, it is a way to get family on campus together to help close a commitment.

2 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

That makes sense.  I suppose in the summer, you can pay more direct attention on the kids and their families and sell the 40 year plan better.

Yep, and schools get their classes filled out or at least their boards refined sooner

Just looking at the pictures online right now and these kids look pretty happy and in awe of ND’s campus. They also did an amazing job of lumping the kids that are in there position groups together. Maybe a recruiting ploy I think. Kids recruiting kids. Also, good to have the parents around. I’m feeling really good about this visit on some kids.