NCAA Football 2006

Guest bendbigdawg

Guest rustyzipper

What's this I hear 2006 wont be available for Game Cube? And X-BOX is coming out with an upgraded version? With reverse mode or something? Now that sounds real cool.

Guest IrishHog

The only thing I'm not stoked about is Desmond Howard on the case. They could have at least put a Heisman Trophy winner on the case that had a successful NFL carrer after. ie TB. I guess I'm just biased in my opinions. Can't wait to play the game though. I have found some custom covers you can buy for the game case. There is a Brady Quinn, a Carlyle Holiday, and a Darius Walker cover available that I have seen so far.

Guest Ryan

Wow, I've seen a WHOLE bunch of covers, but no Holiday. Where did you find it?

I've never heard of reverse mode. Anyone know what that is?

Guest Irish19

Anybody get the game yet? I haven't gotten it yet so I was wondering if it was worth it. I'm sure it is, but I'm just curious on what the overall opinion is.

Here's my analysis, but keep in mind I was very expectant of the game:

1. The gameplay is great, smoother than before and each tackle is so realistic. They made a new tackle for every situation your players could collide in, it's pretty cool. Sometimes on the goal line, the two players will even meet up and then fight eachother for ground.

2. Heisman mode is cool, they hyped it a little too much though. First, you put in your last name, then it takes you to a screen where a coach is telling you the whole "leave it on the field" speech because this is your one shot to get into college. When I picked my position, running back, it takes you to the drill. I did this mode before I did anything, so when I went into the drill I had no idea what I was doing. The drill is where you try to get into the endzone doing the Oklahoma drill. I ended up getting into the endzone 5 out of 10 times, and got scholarships from Missouri, Utah, and Maryland. Since I was already going to do an ND dynasty, I decided to accept the Maryland scholarship instead of walk onto ND. The dorm room is cool. In your dorm room you have the schedule (from where you start games), playbook (for practices), computer (for stats) closet, trophy case, a picture of your girlfriend (which I hear gets hotter when you get better), and the campus newsletter (which is kind of like SI for dynasty mode. From there you just play games and try to get your heisman hype meter up.

3. Dynasty is still cool, with the addition of in-season recruiting. Basically, you're allowed to recruit 12 players during the season, and once you are in a persons 3 final picks, you can give them official visits (or so I hear I haven't gotten that far yet). So I guess it's only worth it if you recruit guys who are interested in you.

4. The graphics are a lot better. The players are so much more realistic.

I can answer any more questions if you have them.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Damn, I haven't even fired up my XBOX since I bought my new house a couple months ago. I thought I had kicked the habit. After reading about this game, I'm afraid I'm going to have to do a nose-dive right off the wagon. Thanks a lot guys! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Irishlad

All Ive heard is good comments about this game. Im going to have to break down and get it. SOON!!! Thanks for all the reviews.