Bringing back the Vertical Passing Game

This example is Micah Gilbert a Freshman getting a free inside release on a walk-on. Disclaimer: ND receivers should win match-ups with Walk-ons in practice.

Now that  I've said that. Structurally look how much room the play is given to work. Its a one deep coverage

This next one is the Kris Smith play. Double move, Kris sells the Walk-on the stop route and hits the gas on the go. Kris is fast, at least 4.5 fast probably faster. This time we're flipped where the wide side, Field side is the bottom of the TV screen

Point is Denbrock has put alot of the deep vertical passes back in the playbook and I like it.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

This example is Micah Gilbert a Freshman getting a free inside release on a walk-on. Disclaimer: ND receivers should win match-ups with Walk-ons in practice.

Now that  I've said that. Structurally look how much room the play is given to work. Its a one deep coverage

This next one is the Kris Smith play. Double move, Kris sells the Walk-on the stop route and hits the gas on the go. Kris is fast, at least 4.5 fast probably faster. This time we're flipped where the wide side, Field side is the bottom of the TV screen

Point is Denbrock has put alot of the deep vertical passes back in the playbook and I like it.

Good analysis, Faith!

Agree with it all, and from what I saw the offense do yesterday, has me very happy!

• Heart 1