Al Golden's defense works! Here's why..

image.png

Not long ago. The Strong End Bapstiste and the Vyper End in this case Sneed, would be defensive ends with their hands on the ground.

In front reduction defense though only  the tackles who are pinched in have their hand down. QB has a good idea of 2 rushers but the other 5 in the front 7 can rush the passer or drop in coverage

Golden has trust in coach Mickens Corners and Coach O'Leary's safeties that the pass rush will effect the play before the pass coverage busts. He was right. They get in there clean Make the QB leave the pocket and he throws it away.

• Heart 4

image.png

image.png

The Vyper will always be on the boundary side(Side with less players) The Strong side end is to the field. I think Lewis is defending the slot and mickey is up top to the field. Don't think I have all 11 in this one sp I'm not sure where DJ Brown is, but hes there out of the picture. 

image.png

Look at all these different looks. You've got Pressure coming. Look at up top!  Morrison Barely a yard of his receiver! Thats tight coverage! Believe Lewis is dpwn there at the point of the point of the bunch in the slot and Mickey is backed off at the bottom. 

• Heart 1

Very good analysis. I think he did much better with his blitzes this year. I felt like last year he brought blitzes just to bring a bunch of extra guys, but the blitzes this year were more intentional/planned and the players were timing their blitzes much better. There were no crazy last safety blitzes like last year. lol

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Very good analysis. I think he did much better with his blitzes this year. I felt like last year he brought blitzes just to bring a bunch of extra guys, but the blitzes this year were more intentional/planned and the players were timing their blitzes much better. There were no crazy last safety blitzes like last year. lol

Thanks. I've never been a fan of the safety blitz either. If they creep up pre-snap the QB can usually see them. If they wait until the snap they usually have a 10-12 yard run to make which takes 3 seconds and most QBs get the ball out in under 3 seconds. If they want to blitz a db. I'd rather them wait until the ball is on Morrison's hash mark and send a short corner blitz you then rotate the safety where Morrison's coverage responsibilities would have been. I'd much rather a short corner blitz then a long safety blitz. That said my favorite blitz is just sending a linebacker or to when they are in their normal positions. Generally speaking a TE or RB can catch a first down in that scenario but not often a TD. Like you said if you send a safety or the occasional corner there is always more risk for that dreaded explosive and/or scoring play.

16 hours ago, JeffV said:

I sure hope Golden stays around, but I hope Mickens took good notes just in case.

I'm hoping that any NFL teams don't try to pluck any of the staff (not just Golden). Some of the assistants may find an NFL offer tempting...

Now that the NFL regular season is over, look for coaching movement to start

Edited by jbrown_9999

As always, great analysis Faith! Just proving why Golden needs to be paid for him to stay as long as possible!

And here are more reasons why!

💪🔥🙌🏼

Same can be said for Washington, Mickens, and O’Leary!!

Pay those dudes their money!! 💰💰💰💰

• Flames 1

23 hours ago, JeffV said:

I sure hope Golden stays around, but I hope Mickens took good notes just in case.

I hope so too. but there are quite a few openings already for DC's in the NFL if he wants to give it a go. Supposedly, there is a three-year contract extension for him on the table at ND but don't know if it contains no opt out for the pros language.

• Heart 2