2023 Season Wrap-up

1. Program is deep and well coached

2.  Program is well led

3. Program is modernizing. Allowing for transfers and NIL

4. Program is well supported by administration. Denbrock hire is my evidence

5. Will it matter? We'll find out moving forward as top 15 is one thing top 5 and #1 have been illusive.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

What could have been and so close.  A deeper WR room and a more experienced HC and OC really made the difference in my mind.  We had a playoff caliber D and pretty good special teams.

Ten wins is a good benchmark for year two.  Lots of young guys got valuable experience on both sides of the ball that will benefit us next year.  I think Freeman continued his learning process and will keep getting better running the program.  Time will tell, but I agree that the program is trying to adapt to the winds of change, successfully I think, and the school seems to be going along with commitment to the program.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

Offense: Angeli played really, really well! 15/19, 232 yards, 3TDs, and 0INTs. Well done for his first start. With that being said, he will be pushing Leonard for the starting job, and I see it being close at the end of fall camp for 2024. Faison has officially become a star, and Thomas is Mr. Dependable! Let’s hope Thomas can stay healthy for 2024! Price appeared to be the lead back in this game, but Love did play well! Not as well as I had hoped, but he showed a lot of potential to be the lead back!

Defense: Bertrand will be missed, but we have some great players to take over. Sneed and Burnham shined! Cross is a beast, and Morison and Watts locked the secondary down! I felt Gray and Mickey had good games as well.

Specials Teams: Had the fake punt stop, which was heads up by Burnham and Mickey, the onside kick catch by Morrison, and Shrader made all of his PATs, and at least one of two field goals.

Overall, a great way to end the season with 10 wins. 😝 I will also say, this game showed the depth with this team is the best it has been in years! Go Irish!!! ☘️🏈

🍻 to 2024!

• Heart 1