Forum Issues, Bugs, and Feedback

Please use this thread to report any bugs and anomalies that you experience while browsing the forums.

I thought we had a similar thread already but I couldn't find it anywhere.  Anyways, is anyone else experiencing some website icons populating as just blank/hollow squares?

• Heart 1

I’m constantly having issues with the site automatically refreshing or kicking me out when I’m trying to make a post, reaction, scrolling, or opening a thread. I guess pretty much just being on the site. 😂

I use an iPhone 14 Pro, and have the site set up as an app on my phone.

Not sure if it’s just me, but this has been happening since at least May of this year.

11 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Please use this thread to report any bugs and anomalies that you experience while browsing the forums.

I thought we had a similar thread already but I couldn't find it anywhere.  Anyways, is anyone else experiencing some website icons populating as just blank/hollow squares?

I've been having the hollow squares as well. Thanks for reporting and that's something I'm looking into.

9 hours ago, Baldy said:

I’m constantly having issues with the site automatically refreshing or kicking me out when I’m trying to make a post, reaction, scrolling, or opening a thread. I guess pretty much just being on the site. 😂

I use an iPhone 14 Pro, and have the site set up as an app on my phone.

Not sure if it’s just me, but this has been happening since at least May of this year.

Does that happen via the browser as well or just through the iPhone app version? 

Icon Squares - I have a fix in place that should take care of it until the site upgrades rollout.

iPhone App - @Baldy, I honestly don't know where to start with this one. There's not much I can do with the iPhone app since the app is just running the website through a standalone app/shortcut. I don't have an iPhone to test it on either.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it? And if you haven't, can you give that a go and report back?

Thanks guys.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Does that happen via the browser as well or just through the iPhone app version? 

I thought of this as well, but haven’t tested it yet. Let me try out the site on a browser, and I’ll let you know what happens.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Icon Squares - I have a fix in place that should take care of it until the site upgrades rollout.

iPhone App - @Baldy, I honestly don't know where to start with this one. There's not much I can do with the iPhone app since the app is just running the website through a standalone app/shortcut. I don't have an iPhone to test it on either.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it? And if you haven't, can you give that a go and report back?

Thanks guys.

I’ll give that a try too, but either way, I’ll test it out and see what works best.

• Heart 1

So, I tested both the site on a browser and the app out. The site on a browser works much better, and hasn’t given me most of the same issues I had on the app. I’ve only had it kick me out or refresh a few times.

Just figured I’d let you know.

And I’m not sure why it happens. It could be my iPhone 14. I’ve heard they’re pretty crappy. 😂

3 minutes ago, Baldy said:

So, I tested both the site on a browser and the app out. The site on a browser works much better, and hasn’t given me most of the same issues I had on the app. I’ve only had it kick me out or refresh a few times.

Just figured I’d let you know.

And I’m not sure why it happens. It could be my iPhone 14. I’ve heard they’re pretty crappy. 😂

Thanks for the update, Baldy. I'm glad that it's working in the browser at least. 🥳

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

desktop have a dark mode?

The dark theme option I was using wasn't officially supported and stopped working with a recent update, so I had to remove it. It will be back, fully functional and officially supported, with the update coming next year.

As mentioned, there's a very old dark theme in the footer, but I haven't touched that in ages. It'll probably feel like you stepped into a time machine.

Doc Brown Dodge GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Is no one else seeing these issues?

What problems are you having with them? I just did a test, which worked fine for me.

Are you on a VPN? Sometimes they can cause issues.

3 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Is no one else seeing these issues?

Mine work, but at times get funky. Like, they take a while to embed, or don’t fully embed and then I have to go back in and edit for it to do so. Weird.