What are we Looking for against Wake Forest?

I want to see a blowout early so we can see the young guys play on offense.  Mainly at the QB position.  Hartman deserves to and needs to start every game the rest of the way in my opinion.  He has struggled of late, but he is still the best option at QB.

Would also love to see a lot of youth on defense even early when the game is not out of hand.  This team has a lot of talent and I would really like to see them get real game reps.

What say you?

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, JeffV said:

Yep, run the young-uns.

Let's see WRs make some big plays.  A deep throw or 2, perhaps.

Billy Schrauth shows he can play. 

Watts, Tyree and Mills announce they're staying after the game.

Agree on all of these. Add Ashton Craig to the Billy Schrauth line, as Craig will start in place of Correll (concussion protocol). The staff is high on both Schrauth and Craig, so they could be two new starters in 2024.

I could go on and on for what I want to see out of the offense, but it basically comes down to wanting to see September Sam Hartman. He needs the OL to play well and needs the WRs to step up more than they have in the last 6 games, but Hartman needs to play much better. His old teammates will have a ton of motivation to shut him down, but the motivation goes both ways. Hartman will be celebrating his senior day too, and he's already talked about how much he loves ND and wants to bring his future kids back to games. Let's hope he has a great performance on Saturday.

Wake will not score on Saturday. They rank 110th in scoring offense (20.5 points/game) and 101st in total offense (331.7 yards/game). Against ACC opponents, they are 1-6 and average 15.0 points/game. I think ND holds them to single digits.

ND wins - but your guess is as good as mine as to the margin of victory because I have zero clue how the offense will perform. The spread is 24.5. That's a huge spread, but if ND's defense performs like I think it will, then I think ND covers.

Give me 31-6 Notre Dame.

• Leprechaun 3